• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can a T5 be made a T5A?

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
I got a T5 on a GAP rifle. Can this be made a T5-A, or can/should I just get Terry Cross's hardware for this? I find that I have to stuff a bunch of foam under my stock pack to get my head up high enough, and that just isn't cutting it for consistency.

Suggestions?

Re: Can a T5 be made a T5A?

I would email Todd (Manners) to see his recomendation for a conversion.

PS I like those vests you have listed in the group buy section!

Mark

Nick,

I can't speak for Manners, but with McMillan, the answer is no. I guess the butt stock needs to be made differently (more dense) if it is to house the adjustment mechanism.

One other thought you might consider is sending your Eagle stock pack to Stu at Red Tac Gear (hell, you could probably do it yourself). He opens them up and adds closed-cell foam in whatever thickness you desire, then sews them back together. I actually had 3/4" added to one of my stock packs as my original cheek weld was that low. Everything stays put for me when the foam is inside the stock pack.

Karsten's cheek piece is also an option.

get the after marker Kudex cheek piece as manners uses a different pattern with the cheek piece moulded seperatly it is not like a wooden stock where the cheek piece is cut from the blank it might be able to be done with a considerable amount of work but it is not worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a T5 on a GAP rifle. Can this be made a T5-A, or can/should I just get Terry Cross's hardware for this? I find that I have to stuff a bunch of foam under my stock pack to get my head up high enough, and that just isn't cutting it for consistency.

Suggestions? </div></div> The t5 and the t5a come out of 2 different molds. It would take a lot of man hours to convert one over to the KMW hardware. There is a few after market cheeks out, that can be added though. Thank you very much,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6BR_Sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karsten makes a really good cheek piece. </div></div>

I think this is the best choice OP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a T5 on a GAP rifle. Can this be made a T5-A, or can/should I just get Terry Cross's hardware for this? I find that I have to stuff a bunch of foam under my stock pack to get my head up high enough, and that just isn't cutting it for consistency.

Suggestions? </div></div>

I had an A5 and I talked with Tom about converting it to using Terry's hardware. His response basically was a no. When they stocks are cast, they are cast as two separate pieces of fiberglass. If you cut them, you will damage the structural integrity of the stock and as he said in this post it will take a ton of hours to build that strength back into the stock.

Long story short ...... I got a Karstens and its good for what it is. Its not as pretty as factory adjustable cheekpiece, especially after my dremel spent some time on it, but its functional and fulfills its purpose.

I was going to try this with a MCS-T. The answer is no. Just start over or put an aftermarket cheekpiece on it.

Try duct taping layers of mouse pad material under a stock pack.....

As mentioned, the adj cheekpiece isn't a retrofit.