• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can anyone convert a hogan/pof large frame lower to DPMS sized pins?

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
I have 2 hogan/POF large frame lowers I would like to convert to DPMS pins. I thought about just bushing the upper but if a professional shop can do ream the holes for me that would be great.

I actually just found a POF large frame in the back of my safe, (I keep forgetting its in there for like the last 10 years 😅). I am tempted to grow it in to another rifle, so I am going to piggyback on this post in case someone has a solution for converting pins.

Reactions: RickyRodney
I actually just found a POF large frame in the back of my safe, (I keep forgetting its in there for like the last 10 years 😅). I am tempted to grow it in to another rifle, so I am going to piggyback on this post in case someone has a solution for converting pins.
Pretty much exactly where I am at. Ha

Do the Hogan lowers have undersized pins?

I'm tooled to do .250" pin holes for part of the process I use when I'm fitting uppers to lowers.

Are you looking to do a matched upper and lower combination, or make your lower 'universal'?

The process I use to mate uppers and lowers results in the upper becoming specific to a single lower.

As @longshot2000 mentioned, there's a lot of variation in the large-frame world. I can only imagine it increases as we start finding things in the back of the safe.

Reactions: RickyRodney
Same here, won the lower at RM3G years ago..

Finally decided to take it down the street to Gibbz Arms and put one of their side-chargers on it. They just put harden bushings in it.

The contour at the buffer tube doesn’t quite match, but not a biggie in my world. It works & doubles as my beater HM 3Gun/truck gun. 882BE5EA-BC56-4707-9E6E-30E9EA0E86D8.jpegBDCF301B-2925-49D1-AE3A-B0B0C9B40C12.jpeg

Reactions: Rudy Gonsior
Do the Hogan lowers have undersized pins?

I'm tooled to do .250" pin holes for part of the process I use when I'm fitting uppers to lowers.

Are you looking to do a matched upper and lower combination, or make your lower 'universal'?

The process I use to mate uppers and lowers results in the upper becoming specific to a single lower.

As @longshot2000 mentioned, there's a lot of variation in the large-frame world. I can only imagine it increases as we start finding things in the back of the safe.
I’m looking to mate it to a specific upper. I could send both