• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Can anyone date a S&W revolver for me?

MrSmith

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
4<
Was my Grandfathers. Time to pass it on. Keeping it in the family. I know most of the story I should relate to the recipient but don't remember when he bought it new. I was young enough to know everything so I didn't pay a lot of attention. PM if you can help me out.

Thank you,
MrSmith

That one returns this:

"The Serial number that you entered is not valid for this Consumer Advisory "

Thank you'
MrSmith

Suggest you go to a number/date list. The one linked is likely a way to collect data on private firearms for gun grabbers.
DO NOT ENTER YOUR SN INTO A WEBSITE.

@rth1800 ,never had a problem with any older smiths I put in. It is the S&W serial number just like the Colt resource, Cody Firearms center, and many others like it. But to each their own on how they like to do it.

I apologize to the OP for a dead link. I just have them saved on my favorites list. Guess I need to update the S&W one assuming I ever get another S&W.

Was my Grandfathers. Time to pass it on. Keeping it in the family. I know most of the story I should relate to the recipient but don't remember when he bought it new. I was young enough to know everything so I didn't pay a lot of attention. PM if you can help me out.

Thank you,
MrSmith

I am always slightly surprised about the fascination with when was it made questions. I would think condition of bore and even condition of finish would be more of a concern.