• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Can anyone help ID this FLIR thermal?

VforVandetta

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2023
Houston, TX
C2E1758A-E770-43C1-9E43-92A77279D006.jpeg
B480B5FB-1846-4BBA-8F13-22816841DFD4.jpeg
I acquired a FLIR thermal and am having a devil of a time figuring out which model it is.

It comes in the hard case which has the model #/code, all accessories, the manual, even an invoice from 2014 when it was mailed out via the employee purchase program, which states it’s an RS64 60mm 2-16x 640x480.

It does have the 60mm lens I’m pretty sure.

But….

I had it out to play with it for a couple hours tonight. And the zoom range is 1-8x. It only goes up to 8x. I cannot find a listing or info about a model like that anywhere and I’ve been looking a few hours now.

Anyone else have any idea??

Native mag 2x
Mag with 8x digi zoom 2-16x
10 degree fov
17um detector 640x480
60mm fl
30hz

Native mag 2x
10 degree fov
17um detector 640x480
60mm fl
30hz

Thanks for the reply. Am I missing something obvious? If it only goes up to 8x zoom when I’m using it why do
The specs say 2-16x?

Native mag 2x
10 degree fov
17um detector 640x480
60mm fl
30hz
I’ve seen other models in this series that say 1.1-9x but those have a 35mm lens

This one the magnification starts at 1x and maxes out at 8x. That’s why I’m stumped

I’ve seen other models in this series that say 1.1-9x but those have a 35mm lens

This one the magnification starts at 1x and maxes out at 8x. That’s why I’m stumped
What makes you think that? The physics are the physics. If it has 8x digi zoom and base mag is 2x then its 2-16 just as you state is on the invoice.

I assume you are referring to what digital zoom is being displayed when you are using it which is 1x-8x. You have to multiple that by the base mag(which is 2x) to come up with the perceived magnification.

So, when it says 1x(no digital zoom) on the display it is actual 1x multiplied by 2x(base mag). When it says 8x(digi zoom)on the display it is 8x multiplied by 2x(base mag).

Make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: sgtsmmiii
What makes you think that? The physics are the physics. If it has 8x digi zoom and base mag is 2x then its 2-16 just as you state is on the invoice.

I assume you are referring to what digital zoom is being displayed when you are using it which is 1x-8x. You have to multiple that by the base mag(which is 2x) to come up with the perceived magnification.

So, when it says 1x(no digital zoom) on the display it is actual 1x multiplied by 2x(base mag). When it says 8x(digi zoom)on the display it is 8x multiplied by 2x(base mag).

Make sense?
That’s exactly what i needed to know. Thanks for the explanation, this is my first thermal I had no idea about the base mag vs digital stuff.

Thank you!!

Reactions: CS95