• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can anyone provide me some reloading data for 260 Remington over the next hour?

I Am Hero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I leave work in about an hour and need to stop and get some powder on the way home for working up some 260 Rem reloads tonight. I have Varget, but I heard H4831 and some different Vihtavuori powders work well (N170 I thougth I remembered seeing in Sierrás book).

Can anyone provide me suggested powders for the following bullets if you have it?

Berger 130 & 140 VLD Hybrid
Hornady 120 & 140 gr a-max
Sierra 120 & 123 gr HPBT

If you can get me recommended powders per their books in the next hour that would be awesome.

THanks!

I've had good results with 43.3 gr Accurate 4350 and 139 Scenar. It's 0.4 gr more and about 40 fps slower than my 140 hybrid/H4350 load.

Start around 37.5gr work up to 43gr or so, when you see pressure, then back off .5 and do a ladder test or similar with that load and the ones 3gr or so below.
H4350, N150,RL15, RL17 these are some of the best

I ended up shooting IMR4350 behind 123 SMK's or preferably 123 Scenars. Very good velocitis and accuracy. I have been experimenting with Hodgdon SuperF and it is showing to be a very good powder as well. My rifle just does not like the 140 class bullets. They shoot ok, but not outstanding. The 123's are a hammer to 1000 so far.

Yea, I know a guy in the top 6 at the cup this year and his load is with IMR4350 and he says temperature and environment effect it hardly at all. I say this because people get stuck with using H4350 and nothing else, thinking it isn't effected by temperature as much. This same guy has stated though that RL17 has to be worked up and shot within the same similar environment to be consistent. So he does understand all this.

Hey, in reguard to you using Superformance, what kind of velocity are you getting and what does your loads look like. I have a pound of it and would like to see somebodies results.
I ended up shooting IMR4350 behind 123 SMK's or preferably 123 Scenars. Very good velocitis and accuracy. I have been experimenting with Hodgdon SuperF and it is showing to be a very good powder as well. My rifle just does not like the 140 class bullets. They shoot ok, but not outstanding. The 123's are a hammer to 1000 so far.

Try VV560 46.5 with Berger 140 Hunting, RP 9 1/2 primer. RP case.

p

I leave work in about an hour and need to stop and get some powder on the way home for working up some 260 Rem reloads tonight. I have Varget, but I heard H4831 and some different Vihtavuori powders work well (N170 I thougth I remembered seeing in Sierrás book).

Can anyone provide me suggested powders for the following bullets if you have it?

Berger 130 & 140 VLD Hybrid
Hornady 120 & 140 gr a-max
Sierra 120 & 123 gr HPBT

If you can get me recommended powders per their books in the next hour that would be awesome.

THanks!

My rifle likes 43.5 H4350 and the Berger 130 VLD Hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk