• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can coating

Dot5 brake fluid or if you can get pure silicone oil, that's better. There is a thread on here where a guy went into some detail on this topic and testing and that's what he came up with. He seemed very pleased with the ease of cleaning after treating all internals with silicone oil. If ya can't find silicone oil, dot5 brake fluid has that in it and will work well.

I treated 2 of my new cans with it but haven't shot them enough to even clean just yet so

image.jpg
I put this stuff in a 22LR suppressor to see how it worked. I can’t remember who told me about it. I meant to run 1k rounds, but forgot that I was doing something and went an unknown number more. The can has a mono baffle and it was spotless and still coated enough to remind me of the test. There was still some carbon on the case / shell.
Works pretty ok.
Cleaned it last weekend and recoated. Let it sit for about 15 min before shooting. Didn’t catch on fire.

Reactions: swamper2