• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Can gummies cause constipation?

Cardboard55

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2021
PA
With global thermonucular war a looming possibility, I've been stepping up my readiness by taking a regular regimen of multivitamins:

Although I feel somewhat more spry, I have noticed disruption to my regular schedule of constitutionals. Maybe several days, not counting throne time waiting for Whole-Wheat Prune-Bran Muffins to work their magic.

(Recipe here, thank me later: https://howtocookwithvesna.com/bran-muffin-recipe/)

So today, while waiting, I got to wondering about those vitamin gummies. Specifically, what are "gummies" and once ingested, do they reform into their gummies state? Even worse, do they agglomerate (which is the word of the day) into larger gummies? Perhaps golf ball or even tennis ball sized gummies? Could I have an even larger, say cantalope size gummy holding up normal digestive traffic?

Looking for serious advice before things snowball and I pass out trying to drop a gummies bowling ball. Maybe there is some sort of anti-gummies Drano or something. Wish I had thought of those gummies when I was dealing with that 6f^&4##$! neighbor's cat the other week.

• Haha
Reactions: camocorvette
Probably good for your joints.
Gummies are made from cow bones and pig skins..
Gelatin, The same stuff in Jello.

I guess you could eat too many.
Then you would need to counteract with Exlax Cough Suppressant o_O

Reactions: Cardboard55
The link show doesn’t have the supplement facts panel, unless I missed it.

If it’s a adult vitamin it most likely has iron.
Iron is a know “stool hardener”

Side note, if you are able to swallow actual tablets or capsules dump the gummies.

Tablets are cheaper and last longer in the bottle/expiration date.

Gummies are quasi useful for including hard to manufacture ingredients like vitamin e and fish oil.

As tablets are considered dry compaction and those type ingredients are oil/gum AKA glue on equipment

..I make “pills” for a living

The link show doesn’t have the supplement facts panel, unless I missed it.

If it’s a adult vitamin it most likely has iron.
Iron is a know “stool hardener”

Side note, if you are able to swallow actual tablets or capsules dump the gummies.

Tablets are cheaper and last longer in the bottle/expiration date.

Gummies are quasi useful for including hard to manufacture ingredients like vitamin e and fish oil.

As tablets are considered dry compaction and those type ingredients are oil/gum AKA glue on equipment

..I make “pills” for a living

You make em, I take em :D

Gummies can be serious business.

(I'm too old for those kind of gummies 👴
:(

some vitamins are not water soluble in your gut like vitamin C is, they are fat soluble and take time to go through your system. which means you can take too many of them, and it's possible to F up your organs. Chronic constipation might be a sign. Gummies encourage people to eat them like candy, so be aware.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'll jump out on the limb here and say not one of you (save possibly brianf) knows what that "gummie" portion of the thing is.
I worked as a pharma. plant maintenance technician for a year or two.....lots of stainless welding and electrical work, but I paid attention to what was going on.
Yea, we made all the good drugs :) but that's not pertinent to this, anyways...

All gelcaps, your gummies, etc, are made from boiled down cow &/or pig hooves.
Yup, that is how they make the gelatin.....f'n cow/pig hooves.

Just thought I'd let you know.
Enjoy eh ?

Just so you know I don't be talkin shit or smack.....

I'll jump out on the limb here and say not one of you (save possibly brianf) knows what that "gummie" portion of the thing is.
I worked as a pharma. plant maintenance technician for a year or two.....lots of stainless welding and electrical work, but I paid attention to what was going on.
Yea, we made all the good drugs :) but that's not pertinent to this, anyways...

All gelcaps, your gummies, etc, are made from boiled down cow &/or pig hooves.
Yup, that is how they make the gelatin.....f'n cow/pig hooves.

Just thought I'd let you know.
Enjoy eh ?

Just so you know I don't be talkin shit or smack.....

"Cow hooves" he says...

soylent-green.png

😲

73ws5n.jpg

Last edited:
Eat a bunch of sugar free gummie bears from Amazon and report back. Like a whole bag.

I bought some sort of low-sugar gummies from a local grocery store, ate half of the (small) bag after dinner one night, and was awakened from a deep slumber around 2AM by intense cramping. Spent the next hour or so contemplating my poor decision-making abilities and trying to keep down the volume so that I didn't wake up the rest of the house.

Turns out that they had some sort of sugar alcohol that's rough on the gut, and the rest of the gummi was pretty much fiber such that a few pieces approach 100% of the RDA.

Going back to the OP's question - based upon my ability to ingest a pound or more of Haribo gummies after returning from a long bike ride and still shit properly the next day, I don't think there's any relationship. The key ingredient is gelatin, and that's pretty benign in any normal dose.

Regarding the OP's question:

Does a wild sniper shit in the woods?

Mulling over rustling up some huevos rancheros or hitting the golden arches for a hybrid double steak + sausage with egg McMuffin skyscraper slathered with Frank's red hot, chased with a double espresso... :unsure:

Eat a bunch of sugar free gummie bears from Amazon and report back. Like a whole bag.

Those Haribo commercials used to annoy the fuck outta me back when I used to watch TV. All the kids in the commercial were all happy and enjoying the product. Meanwhile the real kids who bought the gummies outside the commercial had to be camped in the bathroom for like a week!

My wife once accidentally bought me a bottle of sugar free Gatorade and I was so damn thirsty I drank it all without any thoughts given. My gut afterwards felt like Japan in 1945! :eek:

Turns out that they had some sort of sugar alcohol that's rough on the gut, and the rest of the gummi was pretty much fiber such that a few pieces approach 100% of the RDA.

The sugar substitute which is sorbitol I believe literally ferments inside your GI tract hence why you get the tense cramps and shits. You know how champagne is bottled while it's still fermenting and you pop the stopper off once it's done? That basically what your asshole does.

The sugar substitute which is sorbitol I believe literally ferments inside your GI tract hence why you get the tense cramps and shits. You know how champagne is bottled while it's still fermenting and you pop the stopper off once it's done? That basically what your asshole does.

So depending on the ballistics of a (possibly lead?) cork or "plug", and the fermentation capacity and resilience of one's lower digestive system, an improvised artillery system could be devised...

I don’t usually eat shit food , haven’t eaten gummies except a few from Colorado by mistake until a few days ago 😜
That said …gummies from a company called Albanese could become addictive. Didn’t eat enough to dob me up so I’m not sure if they would act as colon plugs or not ?
🇺🇸

I had been looking at tactical constipation as a survival option. I figure with wars and famines imminent, keeping scarce food in my system for extended periods would enable me to extract maximum nutrition from the precious food boluses as they gently tiptoe towards my digestive exit.

The gummies were to be stored on the inward-facing side of body armor, acting as an ad hoc soft trauma armor insert, that would be both shock-absorbing and delicious.

Last edited:
Constipation is from your anus being to tight for all you straight members .

I had been looking at tactical constipation as a survival option. I figure with wars and famines imminent, keeping scarce food in my system for extended periods would enable me to extract maximum nutrition from the precious food boluses as they gently tiptoe towards my digestive exit.

The gummies were to be stored on the inward-facing side of body armor, acting as an ad hoc soft trauma armor insert, that would be both shock-absorbing and delicious.
I dunno man, keeping coprolites in your anus doesn’t sound optimally nutritious. But maybe those gummies can jackhammer it all out without you prolapsing your colon or using birthing chains to pull it out.

some vitamins are not water soluble in your gut like vitamin C, they are fat soluble and take time to go through your system. which means you can take too many of them, and it's possible to F up your organs. Chronic constipation might be a sign. Gummies encourage people to eat them like candy, so be aware.
You have the concept correct. However, vitamins B and C are water soluble. Vitamins A, D, E, K are the fat soluble.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Appa
You have the concept correct. However, vitamins B and C are water soluble. Vitamins A, D, E, K are the fat soluble.

Many are drawn to inexpensive and delicious Aldi gummie vitamins

Yet danger can apparently loom... even in seemingly harmless gummies

• Wow
Reactions: clcustom1911