• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can I use a 6.5CM BCG for a .308 barrel/.308 rounds?

Jason3270

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2022
Usa
I'm sure many of you have read my post about my 6.5CM barrel/bcg issues (rounds lodged in chamber, difficult to extract). Well, it's looking like I have three options:

1) buy a Wilson combat bcg to match the barrel, then when that fails, send both back to WC and wait for them to either fix it or replace them. I just know it's going to fail.

2) ream the barrel, which will probably work but will also void the warranty, and if it doesn't work then I have a barrel paperweight

3) buy a new barrel

I'm inclined to go with option number three, but I'm wondering if i can buy a .308 barrel and use the 6.5CM BCG.

Thanks,
Jason

Ahhhh I thought you posted that wilson wanted the barrel back?

Ahhhh I thought you posted that wilson wanted the barrel back?
I sent them the barrel, waiting to hear back from them. Depending on how it goes, I'll either stay with the (6.5cm) setup (if it actually works) or I've been considering switching to .308, in which case I'll want to make use of the BCG that I already have, if it's compatible. No decisions have been made yet, just getting an education here.

....Yes, the bolts (and carrier) for .308WIN and 6.5Creedmoor are interchangeable for AR10's. Note the yellow highlighted case rim info on the diagrams.

Attachments

• SAAMI_308Win.JPG
    SAAMI_308Win.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 66
  • SAAMI_65CM.JPG
    SAAMI_65CM.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Evintos
Since .308 is 7.62 creedmoor the bcg and bolt will be fine.