• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can I Use H1000 to reload 6.5 Creedmoor?

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi All,
I have good stock of H1000, which I use to handload my 338 lapua. Can I use the same powder (H1000) to handload 6.5 creedmoor (147 grain ELD) as well? Can you share your experience with using H1000 for 6.5, if anyone has used it....thanks

Harjeet

Last edited:
It's slow for cartridge, similar to RL26, so you may be able to make it work if you're launching heavies.

Reactions: harry_x1
I’d hold onto it for your lapua. There has been jugs of 4350 coming up lately, keep an eye out for one of those on powder valley

Watching this. I agree. It seems like popular powders are creeping back onto shelves, either as 1 pounders or sometimes 8s

It's slow for cartridge, similar to RL26, so you may be able to make it work if you're launching heavies.

The burn rate of H1000 may be similar to R26 but the bulk density is not. You can load 6.5CM with R26 and make moderate velocity whereas you'd be lucky to reach 40KPSI at 105% case fill with H1000.

The burn rate of H1000 may be similar to R26 but the bulk density is not. You can load 6.5CM with R26 and make moderate velocity whereas you'd be lucky to reach 40KPSI at 105% case fill with H1000.
This!
The density is why R26 can be used on 308 sized cases but H1000 sucks.
You even see this in short magnums.