• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Can Keep Only One: Both SB PMII P4F MRAD Illum: 4-16x50 ST/CW or 5-25x56 CCW DT/MTC

holden

0351 Erastus "Deaf" Smith
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2006
Republic of Texas
I bought both, thinking of selling one.

Max distance 1000 yards. Dual rig: hunting and LR.

Which would you keep?

Tough choice.. I've been there before, had both and I actually like the 4-16 better but I sold it and kept the 5-25 because it was going on an AI for target shooting so it fit my needs better. If main use is for hunting then I'd go with the 4-16
Screenshot_20181129-090425_Photos.jpg

Reactions: holden
Does the 4-16x tunnel as much as the 5-25x? I realize many say it's a non-issue, and for a purely long-range gun, I agree (because most of us are VERY rarely that low). But for a hunting rig, that's a different story... If it doesn't, then I'd keep the 4-16x. Besides, 5-25s are a dime a dozen in the PX, but the 4-16s pop up far less frequently. Just my 2¢.

The 4-16 PMII has been discontinued so if I were you I'd hold on to that one. However, we will continue to stock parts for service on these scopes so no worries there. I have a couple of the 4-16 PMII's I will absolutely never part with.

FYI, it could always be converted to the single turn MRAD knob if you wanted to go that route unless you're committed to MOA.

Does the 4-16x tunnel as much as the 5-25x? I realize many say it's a non-issue, and for a purely long-range gun, I agree (because most of us are VERY rarely that low). But for a hunting rig, that's a different story... If it doesn't, then I'd keep the 4-16x. Besides, 5-25s are a dime a dozen in the PX, but the 4-16s pop up far less frequently. Just my 2¢.

No they do not tunnel as bad as the 5x25 at all that is mainly why I liked the 4x16 better.