• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Can Question..............

JJ_Miller

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2011
Gilmer Co. WV
If I buy a can, am I able to switch it from weapon to weapon or is assigned to one weapon only ? Thanks in advance...................JJ

Re: Can Question..............

Couple obvious but necessary points here:

Make sure your can is rated for the highest weapon you are putting it on. Highest caliber, highest ROF, etc.
IE don't stick a 308 can on a 300 Win mag just bc the caliber is similar.
Don't stick a can meant for slow, precision rifle fire on an AR and go full auto with it. Different cans have drastically different purposes.
And of course it's not recommended to shoot lead bullets like 22LR through the can, regardless of caliber.
And if you are using a QD suppressor expect to pay $50-90 per weapon for the QD adapter....maybe more, maybe less depending on the brand.

Parker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasClassIII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple obvious but necessary points here:

Make sure your can is rated for the highest weapon you are putting it on. Highest caliber, highest ROF, etc.
IE don't stick a 308 can on a 300 Win mag just bc the caliber is similar.
</div></div>

Not entirely true. The TBAC 30P-1 is a 30 cal can that is rated for .300 WM. I think the YHM Ti is .300 WM rated as well. I'm sure there are others as well.

Also, shooting 6mm, 6.5mm, or 7mm through a .30 caliber suppressor is normally very effective, provided it's rated for a cartridge of a similar "power."

Thread mount or QD- they both can be swapped to multiple guns- the QD designs just make it a little less bothersome to swap them around.

I think the OP was asking about the legalities of using it on more than one weapon. If so, then yes you are allowed to use it on anything it will work on. The suppressor is essentially treated like it is a weapon of mass destruction all by itself, so the suppressor is what gets registered, not the firearm.

That said, I purposely bought a 308QD can so I could easily swap from the 308 AR to any of my AR15's. It works very well on the 556's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtrmn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That said, I purposely bought a 308QD can so I could easily swap from the 308 AR to any of my AR15's. It works very well on the 556's. </div></div>

After seeing the performance of a .45 Osprey used on 9mm, it seems like an excellent "do it all" pistol suppressor. Makes me wanna pick up another can.