• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can Seekins Precision AR-15 SP3R V3 Mod Rail System - replace Tikka T3x Tac A1 for-end ?

straightandtrue

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2017
http://cdn1.sako.fi/sites/default/files/Tikka_T3x_TAC_A1_0.pdf

In it, it says " The aluminum chassis stock system is compatible with most common type AR-15 fore-ends,..."
My question is has anyone done it successfully ? I will be getting this rifle shortly and for PRS matches and I LOVE Seekins Precision's for-end triangular shape. It is steady, well built and thought out. I used it before on RPR and it was awesome !!
But it seems wherever I called (beretta) & including Seekins they are not sure. So if I just purchase 'regular' 15" long rail for AR-15 platform from Seekiins my question is ...will it fit nicely or not at all?

Glen S. if you are reading this please help :).

Thank you all.

NO..Not yet.
Hello ,
I just got my Tac A1 in 6.5 cm .I compete in local PRS matches and I was excited to try Seekins SP3R V3 rail on Tikka since it would have helped me with barricades and off hand positional shooting. Just like I did with my 'old' RPR. Fell in love with Seekins rail. So when I saw it at the Shot Show 2017 that Tikka was coming out with 'new' competition rifle to compete with RPR I was intrigued. Finally just got mine and I already had the rail from Seekins that I purchased from primaryarms.com and Tom there was outstanding. He told me if it does not fit he will reimburse me . No Idea why Tikka in their infinite wisdom did plate/nut that way...so that means that NO AR-15 rail will fit without that custom plate/nut on the rifle !!! Thanks Tikka for the shaft .

In the meantime I tried contacting Seekins by an email and couple of phone messages...silence was deafening from Seekins...I was :(((. All I wanted to know would it be really pain in the A... to create a barrel plate/nut like they did for RPR and to let me know one way or the other...again no response yet...If anyone from Seekins is reading this I love your SP3R V3 Rail. Please let me know if there is a Gunsmith out there who is wise & experienced in Lathe trade and can create one for Tikka T3x and all of us (me for now I guess) who would like to use Seekins rail for PRS matches.
Thanks.

I bought my Tac A1 for the same impression... But Tikka lied. I don't understand why we still import their shit into this country. Fawk them.