• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Can someone confirm Leupold Mk6 3-18 locking turret function?

JayMazee

Student
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2010
Rocky Mountains
I haven't gotten to fondle a Mk6 3-18 yet, but I did get to handle the Mk6 1-6 with the compact turrets.

Does the pinch to unlock work:

- Like the Mk6 1-6 where the "button" needs to be pressed in order to turn away from 0 mils, but after its off of zero, spins freely

- Or, does it require a pinch to unlock every time you want to turn it, what about windage?

The low turrets MC5 (?) on the 3-18x work just like the 1-6. Press to turn off of zero, free spinning until you lock it back

The tall turrets, MB5 I think, are commonly called the pinch and turn. You have to squeeze the turret each time.

you need to pinch to turn every time on the 6x18,the windage has no lock,but it is capped.

I think they mean the M5C2 turrets bob. Those are more or less identical to the ones on the MK6 1-6.

The pinch and turn turrets have to be depressed at all times when rotating them. It's very instinctive when you're dialing elevation intentionally, requiring only about as much pressure as you would use anyhow to dial. I have never had any issue dialing by having to readjust my grip to square more up with them, they work from pretty much any orientation.