• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Can Someone Spend Money For Me?

charnicus

👻👻👻
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2018
Mos Eisley
Been a minute since I started a thread. Anyways gents as it stands I have 2 suppressors in jail. RC2 and Magnus SR. Rather than buy two more (if I have to eff it), I’m looking for the crescent hammer.

Want something that is decent or better at suppressing 5.56, moderate to lesser back pressure, and 30cal bore. Don’t care about hub / whatever. No length restrictions. This will hop across multiple platforms that aren’t trying to be short.

I’ve thought about a 30cal Surefire or Omega 300 or a CGS Hyperion (less impressed with the mount situation here). Others as well.

Thank in advance 🫡

CGS Helios QD-ti.. Great on large or small frame gas guns..Low back pressure and even great in full auto on my registered guns With the vented cap. Groups as well as my Thunderbeast cans on the AT-x. It’s my go to for large frame autos.

Reactions: charnicus
Cgs Hyperion, dead air nomad-L, tbac ultra. These are the best out there from the most established companies.

I own an rc2 but people rarely talk great about their 30 cal cans.

I have quite a few cans and my favorite most versatile one is the cgs Helios QD Ti, I like it so much I bought a second one so I didn’t have to jump it around so much. It’s causes quite a few of my others to sit in the safe unused. It’s reasonably short, light and suppresses well on semis and bolt guns. The Huxwrx flow 762 Ti is also supposed to be great all around, I have one in jail but haven’t shot it yet. But if I could only have one can it’d probably be the Helios.

I have quite a few cans and my favorite most versatile one is the cgs Helios QD Ti, I like it so much I bought a second one so I didn’t have to jump it around so much. It’s causes quite a few of my others to sit in the safe unused. It’s reasonably short, light and suppresses well on semis and bolt guns. The Huxwrx flow 762 Ti is also supposed to be great all around, I have one in jail but haven’t shot it yet. But if I could only have one can it’d probably be the Helios.

It’s nice but the $300 premium to go to a hub mount over the Hyperion is pretty high for me. I bought the Hyperion as my first can because it was rated the most quiet but for the price and if I only picked one I would go tbac

Omega is my oldest suppressor and IMO probably still one of the best do-it-all cans you can get. I use mine on EVERYTHING.

Of course I’ve supplemented my collection since I got the Omega, and while I have newer, quieter, lesser recoiling, etc. cans, none of them are anywhere close to as versatile.

I’d also say maybe wait until SHOT at this point… if you want latest and greatest, there’s gonna be some cool shit rolled out there.

It’s nice but the $300 premium to go to a hub mount over the Hyperion is pretty high for me. I bought the Hyperion as my first can because it was rated the most quiet but for the price and if I only picked one I would go tbac

I have a Dominus, magnus and G2 338SR. The 338 is in jail however. The magnus is awesome but huge, Dominus is similar in size and weight to the Helios. While it’s a great can I prefer the Helios, that’s why I bought a second one and not a second Dominus.

Omega is my oldest suppressor and IMO probably still one of the best do-it-all cans you can get. I use mine on EVERYTHING.

Of course I’ve supplemented my collection since I got the Omega, and while I have newer, quieter, lesser recoiling, etc. cans, none of them are anywhere close to as versatile.

I’d also say maybe wait until SHOT at this point… if you want latest and greatest, there’s gonna be some cool shit rolled out there.

My wife has an Omega - it's a good can. Not necessarily the best at any one thing, but a pretty decent suppressor all around as you say.

With all the suppressors available today, I'm not sure if it would be my first pick. But I also certainly wouldn't fault anyone for using one.

This is why this place is so cool. Also makes me want to buy more shit 😂 This is cool though that I was in the neighborhood of a good pick. Appreciate the posts gents 🤙

Been a minute since I started a thread. Anyways gents as it stands I have 2 suppressors in jail. RC2 and Magnus SR. Rather than buy two more (if I have to eff it), I’m looking for the crescent hammer.

Want something that is decent or better at suppressing 5.56, moderate to lesser back pressure, and 30cal bore. Don’t care about hub / whatever. No length restrictions. This will hop across multiple platforms that aren’t trying to be short.

I’ve thought about a 30cal Surefire or Omega 300 or a CGS Hyperion (less impressed with the mount situation here). Others as well.

Thank in advance 🫡
I'm in a similar situation where I have a DA primal, but wanted something with lesser backpressure, and the Hux Ventum 7.62 I have in jail right now seemed like the perfect fit: 30cal bore, flow-through for reduced back pressure, hub for choice of mounts, and a decent size to handle short and long rifles. For a bonus it's serviceable for cleaning.

For those who haven't used one, the baffles on the Primal are very aggressive, and very effective, even with the .458 internal bore. It's been a great first suppressor and has surprised a lot of the other folks who've used it, but the amount of backpressure on semis is significant.

Thunderbeast 22takedown is a great first one. Mine took 13 months to get a few years ago.
I do have a 10/22 TD in a Magpul backpacker that could use it. Been more interested in doing a full barrel/suppressor unit though. I want a good all round .30cal QD can to start with. I don't want something that weighs a ton nor has high back pressure since it will mostly be on ARs. Unfortunately that seems to push me well over the $1k mark.

The Otter Creek Polonium 30 is tempting though at that price.

This is what you seek

Reactions: kthomas
I do have a 10/22 TD in a Magpul backpacker that could use it. Been more interested in doing a full barrel/suppressor unit though. I want a good all round .30cal QD can to start with. I don't want something that weighs a ton nor has high back pressure since it will mostly be on ARs. Unfortunately that seems to push me well over the $1k mark.

It shoots pretty good.
20191112_115431.jpg
20201009_133806.jpg

Old pics. Currently has a pic rail with a green dot sight on it.

I tend not to worry about price when it comes to suppressors, as long as its not egregious. you’re talking about a thing that will be over a year before you can use it, and where getting a different one if it doesn’t meet your goals takes another year

last suppressor buy I did, I just found a credit card offer I liked with a long 0% interest timer, and budgeted out a 12-month repayment to avoid any interest

Thunderbeast 22takedown is a great first one. Mine took 13 months to get a few years ago.
I now have 2 TBAC 22TD cans (1 black, 1 FDE) and a Dead Air Mask HD. The Mask is a go-to staple, but the TBAC's have very quickly grown on me, and might be my favorite rimfire cans. I just certified the black one, so it will be a little bit, but the FDE one came home a few months ago. And you're right, the TBAC 22 TD is a great first can.

IMG_2579.jpegIMG_2578.jpegIMG_2574.jpegIMG_2570.jpeg

Reactions: LeftyJason
Dominus

Polonium 30

DD Enticer S

AKA: a 6-7" .30 cal suppressor that can stand up to some heat.

I’ve been telling myself to not buy a single thing until after Shot this time. Hoping it’s a good one…

1. A person would have to own all of them

2. A person would have to test them all on the same host, same day, same blammo

3. You and that person would have to have a language that adequately expresses the metric that distinguishes them

1. A person would have to own all of them

2. A person would have to test them all on the same host, same day, same blammo

3. You and that person would have to have a language that adequately expresses the metric that distinguishes them
Uh I don’t think my question was that in depth.

How is the Dominus’ performance on 5.56 (14.5+) compared to others? Both sound and back pressure?

My buddies Dominus SR and Dominus K SR have no more blow back than shooting the same rifle unsuppressed. As far as sound they sound the same as my ultra 7, maybe quieter but my ears aren’t that well calibrated to tell a decibel or two.

Thank in advance 🫡

The fact that you have a Magnus-SR already makes the Dominus-SR the obvious choice.

Reactions: kthomas
My buddies Dominus SR and Dominus K SR have no more blow back than shooting the same rifle unsuppressed. As far as sound they sound the same as my ultra 7, maybe quieter but my ears aren’t that well calibrated to tell a decibel or two.
@charnicus this is what I'm talking about. You're going to get some anecdotal, vague stuff about one or maybe two of the suppressors that you asked about. And the reports are going to be suspect.

See, the Dominus has zero blowback.
🙄 Riggghhht.....

• Haha
Reactions: kthomas and FuhQ
@charnicus this is what I'm talking about. You're going to get some anecdotal, vague stuff about one or maybe two of the suppressors that you asked about. And the reports are going to be suspect.

See, the Dominus has zero blowback.
🙄 Riggghhht.....

I shot hundreds of rounds on a SR15 in a range session with and without it. There was no more blow back with the can on and ejection pattern was the same.

Have you shot a gas gun with a Dominus?

I shot hundreds of rounds on a SR15 in a range session with and without it. There was no more blow back with the can on and ejection pattern was the same.

Have you shot a gas gun with a Dominus?
Yep. I own a Dominus CB and shoot it on a large frame 16" 308 and 24" 6.5 CM. Adjusted the gas blocks to run with the can; 3:30 - 4:00 ejection. It's one of my favorite cans. When I shoot it the gun runs well. That's about all I could describe in terms of blow back. And the brass is definitely coated with a lot of carbon. So whatever that means to you 🤷

This is my point. You and I don't have the language to express "blowback" or "backpressure". A can is going to inherently have some because... that's how suppression works. Especially TBAC cans. They're known to be on the higher end of backpressure. They definitely don't have a flow through component.

Reactions: FuhQ
Yep. I own a Dominus CB and shoot it on a large frame 16" 308 and 24" 6.5 CM. Adjusted the gas blocks to run with the can; 3:30 - 4:00 ejection. It's one of my favorite cans. When I shoot it the gun runs well. That's about all I could describe in terms of blow back. And the brass is definitely coated with a lot of carbon. So whatever that means to you 🤷

This is my point. You and I don't have the language to express "blowback" or "backpressure". A can is going to inherently have some because... that's how suppression works. Especially TBAC cans. They're known to be on the higher end of backpressure. They definitely don't have a flow through component.

On a cartridge burning 40+ gr of powder every trigger pull it’s an entirely different story than one burning 25gr. We’re discussing this he latter here though. The volume of the can soaks it up much better. Put your Dominus on a 223 and you’ll probably be surprised.

I’ve shot flow through cans many times and the brass still comes out sooty, that’s just the nature of the beast shooting suppressed with a gas gun. There is a significant difference between different cans and how much gas gets pushed back to the shooters face and out of ejection port. It doesn’t take measuring equipment to tell that you’re getting blasted worse in the face or if there’s a huge black cloud coming out of the ejection port. The best non scientific measurement you can do to compare though is ejection pattern and shooting on the same gun with a well tuned factory operation system (SR15 E3 Mod 1) was unchanged between suppressed with the standard Dominus, Dominus K, or bare SR brake. I wouldn’t expect the same results on a 308 gas gun though and have never shot a Dominus or any TBAC other than my Ultra 7 on a large frame gasser.

As to TBAC cans being higher blowback, again it depends solely on what you’re shooting through it. I’ve ran my gen 1 ultra 7 on a lot of 223 gas guns, 2x 224V’s, and now a 6 ARC and it’s absolutely not high back pressure on those but does change the ejection pattern slightly. If I was buying a new can today though I would be buying the Dominus still for the larger volume and that’s exactly what I’m doing after my next move.

I have shot the Dominus on a 556 rifle. The gun ran. What else can I say? That is no expression of blowback in comparison to other cans. I don't get blowback in my face from any of my gas guns because I've tuned them. That also isn't a metric that I can express. And even if I did it would be anecdotal. " This one time I shot it and didn't get blow back in my face" Great. Says you.

It's like the Polonium. Most people that shoot it say that it's a higher back pressure can but FuhQ says he doesn't get any blowback from it on his guns. 🤷 So if you're a perspective buyer, what do you take away from that? See what I mean?

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP
I have shot the Dominus on a 556 rifle. The gun ran. What else can I say? That is no expression of blowback in comparison to other cans. I don't get blowback in my face from any of my gas guns because I've tuned them. That also isn't a metric that I can express. And even if I did it would be anecdotal. " This one time I shot it and didn't get blow back in my face" Great. Says you.

It's like the Polonium. Most people that shoot it say that it's a higher back pressure can but FuhQ says he doesn't get any blowback from it on his guns. 🤷 So if you're a perspective buyer, what do you take away from that? See what I mean?
I don’t say I get zero blowback, I said I don’t notice any of the excessive blowback that people claim, over my other cans that were designed to be low BP, like my Sandman-S, on the same hosts. Big difference.

Also, ejection patterns show it is not excessive on the same host, as brass ejects at 3 o’clock with and without the Polonium on the same exact (untouched) non-adjustable system. Results honestly don’t lie…But every gun is built differently, and if someone is a cheap bastard and uses cheap $50 import barrels, GB’s, and other parts, versus quality barrels and parts built in the US, and if the builder ain’t so good at building, those can be huge factors in reliability and final function. 👍🏼

Reactions: JR1200W3

Thank in advance 🫡
Forgive my ignorance, new to this suppressor game, what does it mean when its "in Jail".