• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Can this be right?

Sgt.Henry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
a shipping container, Kabul
Would somebody PLEASE explain to me, how some smuckatelly off the street can go buy every part to build a AR15 except for the receiver, And I can't buy a sear pin and bolt stop for a Remmy 700 Bolt action rifle because I don't have an FFL?

I just got off the phone with Brownells, Word is I have to have an FFL to order certain parts, and its a Federal Regulation.

They're kidding right?

Re: Can this be right?

i think it is more of a Remington thing than a federal regulation. and yes, it sucks!

but i got a supply of 1/8" drill rod stock from Brownell's and make my own. they can KMA if they think i'm gonna bother my FFL for a stinkin' pin.

but i did get some bolt stops and springs from midway without the FFL hassle.

Because Remington said so. That unfortunately is the truth and not a smart a$$ed reply.

Cheers,

Doc

Remington even considers the bolt stop spring a controlled item, what a pain in the butt.

Unless they've changed Ruger is the same way. You can't get trigger parts, bolts or barrels for their Mini's.