• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can we stop funding NASA already?

Between SpaceX, Branson and that other one, Blue something or other, it's happening. When NASA was founded, it was a different story.

True, but the gub'mint has way deeper pockets and it take a lot of $$$ to go to space.

This is very true. And while Trump announcing a Space Force sounds kinda Trumpy, it's rather forward thinking that the future may show him to be a genius in this decision.

Twice the speed of light... Infinite energy necessary to power it... Can be in all places in the universe at the same time. And we're just now hearing about this? Yeah.

A "Space Force" is stupid. Pure stupid. I hope it's a bluff. We can't afford that shit and it's not necessary. It'll only speed up the Kesselring effect. A "Space Garbage Collector Force" would make a lot more sense, but it should be funded by more than just the US.

Supposedly NASA has moved on to bigger and better things but I don't have my finger on the pulse like I used to when I lived near Marshall Space Flight Center. They're supposed to go back to the moon in a couple years and then Mars.

Twice the speed of light... Infinite energy necessary to power it... Can be in all places in the universe at the same time. And we're just now hearing about this? Yeah.

A "Space Force" is stupid. Pure stupid. I hope it's a bluff. We can't afford that shit and it's not necessary. It'll only speed up the Kesselring effect. A "Space Garbage Collector Force" would make a lot more sense, but it should be funded by more than just the US.

Supposedly NASA has moved on to bigger and better things but I don't have my finger on the pulse like I used to when I lived near Marshall Space Flight Center. They're supposed to go back to the moon in a couple years and then Mars.

But..but, there's Klingons out there.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Somebody has got to have a space force run by the government to keep order in space once all the Technocrat Billionaires start fighting for dominance in orbit...

On the serious side, there are some things that are very worthwhile exploring and developing for the benefit of the future of the human race that may not make commercial sense now, so might as well have the government do it & then all of the "private" industry (which often enjoy huge government piles of money), will come along and claim all the benefits of.

We can afford it and we should be exploring space. Maybe private contracts would be better than paying lazy .gov "workers"

Instead we are funding a real life imitation of idiocracy while at the same time wasting money fighting goat fucking Muslims.

What if I told you that Gov should be at the forefront of space b/c it is a national security issue?

What if you came to find out that private sector tech “had somehow” migrated to rogue nations and was being used in missile tech?

Lots of German companies build shit for countries unfriendly to anyone.

Hey it's just engineering.

Just keep NASA on the research, development, and exploration track. Pushing the limits of human exploration.

Get them out of the climate change cult and the social awareness function of choosing people for positions based on the novelty of having their arbitrary characteristic determine they get the job.

If you are not the top in your field you dont get to work for NASA.

And accept the fact that people sometimes die when they sit atop thousands of pounds of propellant going where man has never gone before.

Shit canning the Shuttle and making us dependent on Russia because "its too dangerous" was asinine.

Talk about Russia collusion. That decision costs us millions directly to "the enemy" to send people to the space station. Oh and Im sure that Russia technology is super high speed.

Send a Mars rover when you can but sometimes you have to "climb the mountain because its there".

and why a Space Station?

Once they went static all the cool stuff ended.

The government has no pockets they steal from mine and ours, hell they even steal from the unborn future earnings, without care.. you are a tax slave. Your kids and the next 2 generations of your spawn will be tax slaves.

True, but the gub'mint has way deeper pockets and it take a lot of $$$ to go to space.

The government has no pockets they steal from mine and ours, hell they even steal from the unborn future earnings, without care.. you are a tax slave. Your kids and the next 2 generations of your spawn will be tax slaves.

In that you err, my dear Army. I never had kids. Fuck the future, LOL