• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Can Y’all keep an eye out for in stock powder for me: thread

Iamero

Barksa #1 Fanboy & Professional Paper Puncher
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Michigan
    I got a little happy with my trading powder off to people that needed it locally and realized I left myself with only a couple pounds of powder that actually works in 223 lol. Dammit.

Anyone know of any of the following powders in stock or want to sell in Michigan, please reply on this thread. If you’re local to Michigan I have IMR-4064 to trade which is a traditional 308/midsize cartridge powder.

Hodgdon:
    - Varget
    - benchmark
    - retumbo

IMR:
    8202 XBR

Alliant:

Open to others as well, just need some fuel for my 50-55gr pills (I know some powders on there aren’t for 223, those fuel my other two rifles).

Reactions: 65x55guy
    Powder Valley just had a bunch of Shooter's World in stock. They have a couple of options that will work with 223 lightweight bullets and seem to have more supply showing up than Hodgdon or IMR.

Reactions: Iamero
    I’ll check it out. Wasn’t too familiar with that powder so I hadn’t really looked for that. They had H335 for a second but said out of stock every time I tried to add it.

Reactions: ballison
    I haven't seen anything in stock at PV in forever. I also need some 8208

Powder is being moved, you just have to be lucky enough to check for it in the very small timeframe it is in stock.
    Powder Valley has had quite a bit of powder come in, but it’s gone within minutes.

Stay diligent, and refresh the page often.

Powder Valley announced they are updating their site search to add In Stock only feature to try to head off all the phone calls and emails

I watch the forum posts here which members post in the New Section often to find out if powders in stock

Helped me get H4350 recently from MidSouth

Appreciate folks sharing like that but the caveat is you have to be looking here and checking the vendors frequently

I did find Win Staball 6.5 on the shelf last week in E Peoria IL at a Tradin post with considerable powder stock still there

Reactions: savagepc.223
    Midsouth had CFE223 for about half a second. By the time I added it to my cart it was gone. Guessing just a one off from a declined CC or something.

Attachments

• 20210128_190554.jpg
      20210128_190554.jpg
      144.3 KB · Views: 32
    PV and the south shooters or whatever theyre called have had lots of good powders coming in all day but they go by fast. A local shop to me had a lot of different good powders and i ended up buying 3 pounds of H4350 and 4 of varget. They had plenty left but not H4350.

PV had a lot of accurate rifle powders a few minutes ago, as well as AA#5. Saw some Hodgdon powders as well... Refreshed the page, and gone.

They show in stock until you go to put it in your cart. Than says you can’t add because not available.

Reactions: Iamero
    Yeah I was thrilled to have some 8s in my cart then as per usual PV broke my heart.

Powder Valley has some powder right now... Some accurate powders, LT-32, AA4064, Magpro, etc... as well as H335, H4831 and H4831SC, BLC-2, and Superformance.

I picked up Tite group, AA4350, and H335.

my Lyman manual has Load data for 4064 for 50-55gr 223. Is there a reason you are looking for other powder?

like tic tac said, pv is releasing powder now, got some titegroup

They had varget, H4530, and some others too but they went quick(er) than the rest.

Tagging along. Hoping to find H4895, Varget, and Retumbo (lol, right?).

yea I missed the h 4350 but snug up another 8lbs of Winchester stabal .

Yea the 4227 went pretty fast. If I needed 9mm powder I definitely would’ve grabbed some of the others. Just hoping for some 223 powders mostly now.

I got a little happy with my trading powder off to people that needed it locally and realized I left myself with only a couple pounds of powder that actually works in 223 lol. Dammit.

Anyone know of any of the following powders in stock or want to sell in Michigan, please reply on this thread. If you’re local to Michigan I have IMR-4064 to trade which is a traditional 308/midsize cartridge powder.

Hodgdon:
    - Varget
    - benchmark
    - retumbo

IMR:
    8202 XBR

Alliant:

Open to others as well, just need some fuel for my 50-55gr pills (I know some powders on there aren’t for 223, those fuel my other two rifles).
    I've got a pound of 8208 and 2015 that I haven't used. I'd trade the powder and few bucks for small pistol primers. Private message me if you're interested.
    Todd

Did I miss something in the original post? You need powder for 55gr 223 and you have 4064 in hand? That is an awesome powder for that load? Especially in these times? I’ve used 4064 for decades in that exact load.

Reactions: duck1911
    Pv and mss have been getting 1640 and 2230 pretty frequently. They usually past longer because they arent varget or cfe223 I guess.