• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Can you get a 40 moa base for a Savage?

KQguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2008
Ohio
I am currently using a 20moa base on my Savage 110,with Nightforce rings and bases.I have 31moa of adjustment left on the bottom,that I cannot use.Is anyone making a 40moa base for a savage?I don't want to change rings,just a differnt base if possible.

Re: Can you get a 40 moa base for a Savage?

Near Manufacturing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Ultimate Precision Long Range Scope Base
-The Original 25 MOA forward slope, long range scope base. Used by the US Navy, US Army Special Operations, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
-integral recoil shoulder and MIL-STD-1913 spec.
-CNC machined from HTSR Stainless Steel.
-TORX mounting hardware in 6x48 or 8x40
-Nitrided matte black oxide finish standard.
-Also available in matte stainless finish.
- $175 plus shipping.
-The finest scope base money can buy is available for the following rifles:

Remington 700 all models
Browning A Bolt and BAR
Weatherby Mk V
Sako TRG 21/22 and 41/42
Savage- short action round top
FN Browning and Commercial FN
Parker Hale 1200
TIKA M595 & T3

Custom bases with 10 MOA, 25, 45 &75 MOA taper on request.</div></div>

The real question is whether you need more elevation for your application, irrespective of what the scope has.

An example: all of my .308s wear 20 MOA bases. The 20 MOA base is sufficient for the scopes to dial enough elevation to beyond 1000 yards, which is a point where a .308 bullet is entering the transonic region. I have no application for shooting much beyond that, so 20 MOA is fine.

Unless you have a requirement to use an elevation setting well beyond what your existing 20 MOA bases allow you to dial to, replacing the existing base may simply be a waste of money which your could more profitably spend on ammunition and/or training.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real question is whether you need more elevation for your application, irrespective of what the scope has.

An example: all of my .308s wear 20 MOA bases. The 20 MOA base is sufficient for the scopes to dial enough elevation to beyond 1000 yards, which is a point where a .308 bullet is entering the transonic region. I have no application for shooting much beyond that, so 20 MOA is fine.

Unless you have a requirement to use an elevation setting well beyond what your existing 20 MOA bases allow you to dial to, replacing the existing base may simply be a waste of money which your could more profitably spend on ammunition and/or training.
</div></div>

lindy,

he has a valid reason for the amount of erector travel he is looking for. it's not on a .308.

OK, no problem. He specified neither the scope nor the cartridge, which makes it difficult to make an informed judgement. And Near, it would appear, makes only bases for the Savage short action.

Perhaps more information would be useful.

it is a savage LA in 7wsm with nightforce. he is running out of travel around 1600ish. i'll let him fill you in more details