• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can you help I.D. this Night Vision?

khall540

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
Beaver Dam, WI
The other night I was talking binoculars with my father in law as I had just purchased a set of bushnells for bowhunting. He begins to tell me how he has this old set of military night vision binoculuars. 2 minutes later his wife comes out of the basement and sets this green box on the table. They think it is from the Vietnam era. Does anyone have any ideas on when/where this is from or what it would be valued at today? I couldnt get it to power up and I have never seen "batteries" like the one this has.

20120908_203455.jpg

20120908_203523.jpg

20120908_203541.jpg

20120908_203556.jpg

20120908_203608.jpg

Re: Can you help I.D. this Night Vision?

Generation ones? Can they even compare to the toys we have nowadays?

Thanks for the assist guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: znztiv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Generation ones? Can they even compare to the toys we have nowadays?</div></div>

I think these were made before there was even a "generation" label for night vision devices. I can't imagine how the image these things produce would compare to today's standards.

look for a TM for em, it will tell you what batteries it needs (probably impossible to find) and how to perform a maintenance check on it.

DocBach- Thanks for the link. I was able to print out a copy of the manual.