• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can you help me find Browning A-bolt??

wmaples

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2017
As the title suggests I am looking for a Browning A-bolt. Yea yea I know gun broker but I am looking for a very specific one. I would like to find a “White gold Medallion” this is the stainless with walnut stock (see the pic below). Specifically I am interested in .280 Remington. I would look at other calibers but that one interest me the most. Any idea where to find one? I have been watching gunbroker, gunsamerica, armslist. Anybody out there got one they want to get out of the safe?
F1EB1A3B-1AE5-4299-802D-8BB94905E8C2.jpeg

Reactions: b6graham
What's the difference between the A bolt and the X bolt they still make?

Why not buy a X-Bolt white medallion. The difference is the action. The X-Bolt is a slimmer and smoother design. The barrels are the same blank between X-Bolt and A-Bolt.

Why not buy a X-Bolt white medallion. The difference is the action. The X-Bolt is a slimmer and smoother design. The barrels are the same blank between X-Bolt and A-Bolt.
The bottom metal is cheap and to me the rifle just looks much cheaper than the a bolt. Detachable plastic mag vs drop away floor plate. I just don’t think those two rifles are in the same league. I’ve also never seen an x bolt with a stock anywhere near as nice as basically every a bolt. Just my thoughts.

What about other brands. Tikka, Savage, ect. Winchester has a Model 70 Super Grade Stainless that's similar.

Here you go, I just looked at the Browning site because I didn't think they ever made it in .280 Rem.
And it looks like it was never chambered in that round according to their past models records

1609013271820.png

Here you go, I just looked at the Browning site because I didn't think they ever made it in .280 Rem.
And it looks like it was never chambered in that round according to their past models records

View attachment 7512168

Interesting, I never looked there. I know they chambered in 280 in other abolt variants. I guess I just assumed they made them in all calibers the same. Thanks for posting that.

Reactions: stompbox
If your heart was really set on it, get one in 30-06 and have a 280 rem barrel spun for it. Caveat, I think the action has metric threads.