• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can you put a pws mk2 upper on a pof lower?

JustJosh

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2014
Can you put a pws mk2 upper on a POF .308 lower? I have a factory pws mk216 mod1 and I have an option to buy a solid pof lower. Thinking about buying an mk214 upper and using the POF as the lower. I have been lurking/searching for the answer, but no luck.

According to PWS:

"The MK2 uppers will not fit with the wide ranging variance in tolerances found on many other .308/7.62 lowers. As a result we will only be offering the MK2 line as complete rifles."

That info may be old though, their site lists just uppers for sale. I guess you could try and hope that A. It doesn't damage anything and B. That the gun functions. Have you tried calling PWS's tech support. They've always been helpful when I've called them.

Ive emailed them, but I am thinking I will call. Yes Ive been on there site and read that, but a lot of the Q&A info is old. Especially since they sell mk2 uppers now. Thanks for your opinion. Maybe someone on here has tried it.

I would actually contact POF as well. I believe their uppers are made to use a .250" pivot pin versus the 9/32" many others use.