• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

can you use a hornaday 300 aac bullet seating die for 308 win

Thummper6451

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2020
michigan
I have a 300 aac bullet seating die from Hornaday and was wondering if I could use the same seating die for 308 win. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Of course you can as long as you have enough adjustment range for the coal you want. Buy a universal seating die and never worry again.

Of course you can as long as you have enough adjustment range for the coal you want. Buy a universal seating die and never worry again.
If it’s the custom line hornady and not the match line then their 30 cal seater is a universal, from 300bo to 300wm are the same. It’s why I hate it in my coax for black out.

If it’s the custom line hornady and not the match line then their 30 cal seater is a universal, from 300bo to 300wm are the same. It’s why I hate it in my coax for black out.
I want to thank everyone that commented on my thread I got a reply from Hornady and said it was the same bullet seater.

Reactions: spife7980