• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cut rifled

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2006
Fond du Lac, WI
Well I have finally got around to posting about my hunt with Caribou Trail Outfitters out of Chitek Lake, Saskatchewan and all I can say is I will be going back as soon as possible, great hunt, great people, great food, and a very nice new lodge. We saw a ton of bucks even though Mark warned us when we got there that it had been very slow because of the warm weather they had all year, but that all changed when we got there it turned cold and snowed the whole time we were there. 4 out of the 6 of us got our deer the other 2 had there chances early but wanted to hold out for a giant and went home with tag soup. I missed a 150 plus about 4 hours before I got the one I shot 8 pt 18" wide 275lbs and scored 120 B&C 5.5 yrs old
DSC00138.jpg

This one was 19" wide 11pt scored 147 B&C and weighed 300lbs
DSC00143.jpg

This one was 16" wide 9 pt scored 136 B&C weighed 265lbs
DSC00134.jpg

Mark shot this in 1997 and it is mounted as a full body mount in a Cabela's in Texas this one is just a replica it grossed 262 and netted 240 B&C and has 27 points
DSC00139.jpg

This was a rack the was laying in a huge pile out back of dead deer they find when scouting.
DSC00146.jpg

Re: Canada 2009

You should go back now Mark and his dad Ron run a first class operation and the new lodge is great. Ron will be hunting a new spot this year that hasn't been hunted in 6 or 7 years he runs Northern Whitetail Outfitters out of the same lodge but hunts different land than Mark does.

Re: Canada 2009

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cut rifled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should go back now Mark and his dad Ron run a first class operation and the new lodge is great. Ron will be hunting a new spot this year that hasn't been hunted in 6 or 7 years he runs Northern Whitetail Outfitters out of the same lodge but hunts different land than Mark does. </div></div>

The cold, the cold