• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cannoncrossfire

Well, I just heard from him by his old email. He was hacked here and the fucker that hacked his account ripped me off using PayPal.

John said he has regained control of his account but beware and don’t send him money through PayPal (they banned him for gun-related sales)

Edit to add:
To be clear, Sterk makes excellent Tikka replacement bolt handles for a fair price. His SH account was hacked, not his fault, and I should have paid closer attention to the weird vibe I got from the fucker that hacked his account. I will be buying another bolt handle from him as soon as he can make them.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: UKDslayer
Whoever hacked his account almost got me for $1150 the other day.

Was wanting payment immediately for an item that the price seemed too good to be true on. Told him I couldn't pay right now just to stall him and make sure everything was legit. Then he got mad and edited all the messages.

Glad I went with my gut on that one.

I was an idiot and gave him $120. I had a weird feeling because he was being a jerk about insisting I pay right away with PayPal F/F, not really behaving like I had ever known Sterk to behave. Of course PayPal gives absolutely no fucks and won't do anything to help stop payment or track down the shithead scammer (name or alias Silas Okoth, [email protected])

Reactions: Bender
Whoever hacked his account almost got me for $1150 the other day.

Was wanting payment immediately for an item that the price seemed too good to be true on. Told him I couldn't pay right now just to stall him and make sure everything was legit. Then he got mad and edited all the messages.

Glad I went with my gut on that one.
You do know cannoncrossfire is from AUS right?

You do know cannoncrossfire is from AUS right?
I had seen him on the hide, but didnt know who he is. I did see from his profile that it said "I am Sterk - From Australia"

If all else was normal, he probably could have sold me that "From Australia" and "In Australia" are two different things. But we never even got that far. As soon as I told him I wasn't sending any money right now, he locked the conversation and edited all his messages to "no sale"

Reactions: LeftyJason
The first red flag I noticed was under his forum name it said, "I am Sterk - from Canada". I have one of his bolts on my T1x and from memory I thought he was from Australia. The hackers misspelled words and poor use of words also struck me as strange. I went back to some of Johns previous posts and seen none of that. I was on the fence about sending the money thru PayPal when all this didn't seem quite right. At that point John messaged me and instructed me "Do not send any money thru PayPal" and explained he had been hacked and only use his email. We communicated back and forth a couple of times and I wanted to place my order, but he never responded and haven't heard from him since. I hope he does respond at some point. Really like his bolt handles. I wanted to order one for my new T1x 17HMR and one for my Sako Quad.
Very sorry to hear some weren't so lucky and did get ripped off by the hacker. Thanks to John, I did not.

Is he still making bolt handles? I have been (gently) bugging him since March 2022. Emailed him the other day at his optusnet.com.au address and haven’t heard back.