• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can't access watched list???

Chilo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
Colorado
I've added some people to "My Stuff" "Watch List", "Watched Users". The list of their posts comes up, but when I click on the topic listed, I get the error "File Not Found".

Am I doing something wrong, or is my account screwed up?

Re: Can't access watched list???

Dunno about those, i just save peoples names and use view posts.

I logged out and then in again. Still didn't work. I then cleared "expired" all cookies and logged in again. When I clicked on the topic I wanted to see, this is the error that I got:

File not found: scripts/show.inc.php

Any other ideas?

Mine does the same thing. I can save them under watched threads but if I click to view thread I get the same message. In addition one computer at work will not allow me to log on to SH at all. Only web site it does it with though. Kind of strange.
If someone has an answer I would love to hear it.
Rad

A friend showed me how to get around this...Go to My Stuff.

Click on Watch Lists

Click on Watched Users

Click on Authors

Click on Show Users Posts

It will get you there. Just a little longer way around.

Sorry for gravedigging an old thread, but did anyone ever solve this problem? It's a bummer ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brandon9999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have the same problem, been looking for a solution.
</div></div>

I just added RobW to my watch list and it worked fine for viewing his posts. Give us some more information.

Browser and version.
Operating System.
Last time you shut down.
Have you cleared you cache AND cookies as well as restarting your browser afterwards?

Let us know. That would help the site admins a lot.

None of my watched lists work - users, topics, forums all give the same error message.

IE8 32 bit or 64 bit, same error.
Win 7/64
Shutdown not relevant, before/after same issue.
Cache and cookies cleared every restart.

For now, I've started tagging anything I'd like to follow, but that seems a bit wasteful of board resources.

Internet Explorer does not process this site correctly at all... it will work, not work, work, not work with no logical rhyme or reason.

The producers of UBB Threads are aware of it, I have added any and all additions to correct this, however it is still a known issue.

Hopefully once V8 is out, they say by the new year, this problem will be solved. But 75% of all errors encountered on here can be attributed to Internet Explorer, another 25% operator error.

I recommend using Firefox or Chrome for a better experience, if you find the same problems after the change, let us know.

Thanks for the follow-up LL. Unfortunately, I've installed Firefox 3.6 to no effect. Well, the site is prettier, but watch lists still don't work (any of them). Gave it the ol' college try and all ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Internet Explorer does not process this site correctly at all... it will work, not work, work, not work with no logical rhyme or reason.

The producers of UBB Threads are aware of it, I have added any and all additions to correct this, however it is still a known issue.

Hopefully once V8 is out, they say by the new year, this problem will be solved. But 75% of all errors encountered on here can be attributed to Internet Explorer, another 25% operator error.

I recommend using Firefox or Chrome for a better experience, if you find the same problems after the change, let us know.

</div></div>

Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is your email correct, do you have it set up to send you emails in your preferences ?

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is your email correct, do you have it set up to send you emails in your preferences ?

</div></div> </div></div>

My Stuff > Edit Preferences > Do you want to be notified via email when you receive a private message? > X Yes No > Accept private messages from other users? > X yes no > By default should anything added to your Watch Lists be emailed to you? > X yes no > submit