• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can't change my avatar

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
Trying to change my avatar and keep getting a message about my file being an improper file type. I'm using a .jpg file which is smaller than 80 x 80 pixels. Any ideas?

Re: Can't change my avatar

The server knows your brass grill is just way to cool for you to get away from!

I'm wondering if someone didn't lock it in so I couldn't change it, lol...

I double checked the settings, 1937Scott, you have to be a full member to upload an avatar, so it must be hosted elsewhere.

Phylo, you can do it now.

I had an avatar, then tried to change it. I cannot upload anything now. I've tried several different ones, .jpg, .gif all below 80x80 pixel and they never work. I'm pretty computer literate and don't ever have trouble on other sites. Any ideas?

I did the same, tried to post an avatar, and it is less than the required size and it looks like it took, but, it isn't showing up????
Looked thru rulse and all....whatcha gotta do to be a "full member"??
Thanks

yup same here, I try to upload a different one after I saw someone else with the same one I was using, and all I get is that small white box/ red X.

396chevy.....are you copying my avatar now!? Jeez....now i gotta change mine....LOL!!

Finally got it, I wasn't able to upload anything but it was able accept a pic of photobucket, So if you cant upload from your computer try loading it to photobucket or like site, and then use the URL option. Hope this helps.

uhhhh, still no luck. Even with photobucket. I must be a freakin idiot! wtf!?
Uploaded photo, it is the correct size, clicked on share, copied and pasted url and applied it to my profile and.....same stupid red X! Guess i am stuck with a red x...oh well..

Yeah, I'm having the same issue... I can upload an avatar that's jpg format and under 80x80... but it will not dispaly it.

Thoughts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had an avatar, then tried to change it. I cannot upload anything now. I've tried several different ones, .jpg, .gif all below 80x80 pixel and they never work. I'm pretty computer literate and don't ever have trouble on other sites. Any ideas? </div></div>

Having the same exact problem, photobucket dont work, cant upload it, nothing.
mad.gif