• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can't change password

Helmet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
Central California
Every time I submit a new password it says it's been changed, but nothing happens. Currently I can only log on with temporary passwords. Anybody know what my problem is?

Re: Can't change password

Clear your internet cache files, then try again.
You might also need to clear your cookies, but I would do that only if the first option doesn't do the job.

It didn't work. It still says "Your settings have been updated" after I change my password, but it just changes back to some long password that is unknown to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It didn't work. It still says "Your settings have been updated" after I change my password, but it just changes back to some long password that is unknown to me. </div></div>

exact same problem here

ive had to use temp log in's for about a year. every once and awhile i the site will keep me logged in for a few months, then im back to emailing myself a password a few times a day. id love to get it fixed if possibable.

im about to sound dumb, but how do i clear my cache

Change your browser...

Use Chrome and the problem will more than likely go away, it is your security settings and how IE handles the information, it is not getting through to your computer.

PS, the asterisks you see are not the password, it is just how the password is being hidden.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Change your browser...

Use Chrome and the problem will more than likely go away, it is your security settings and how IE handles the information, it is not getting through to your computer.

PS, the asterisks you see are not the password, it is just how the password is being hidden.
</div></div>

worked like a charm, i logged in with google chrome, and reset my password. now i can log in with internet explorer and use the password i set.

your good man