• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Can't Figure Out Good 45deg mount

sqidd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2011
Michigan
Man oh man, I’m having a hell of a time finding mount for what I want to do. I’m not even sure there is such a thing.

I can’t fit a BUIS under the rear of my scope on my POF, and I can’t see a way around it aside from mounting the scope a mile off the rail which I don’t want to do at all.

But that just gives me an excuse to buy something fun/cool. I would like to mount a Trijicon RMR or Reflex (links below) at 45deg like the 3-gun guys do. But I want options. It would be nice to have a “red dot” sight at 45deg but I have shot a few 3-gun rifles and it’s not ideal. So What I would like to do is mount one of the two sights (RMR or Reflex) at 45deg but have the sight on a QR (preferably lever throw) mount so if I find myself wanting to do a lot of close in work or my scope goes down I can hit the QR on the scope, stow it, and using the QR mount on the “red dot” move it to the upper rail.

As far as options go I don’t think it gets much better than that.

So what I think I am looking for is a 45deg rail adapter for the top rail (doesn’t need to be QR). And a QR base for the RMR or Reflex………but I am not finding what I am looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is my plan flawed?

Thanks for your input.

RMR:
RMR LInk

Reflex:
Reflex Link

Re: Can't Figure Out Good 45deg mount

Alrighty, I found:

This QR mount for the Trijicon "Reflex":
SWFA ARMS Spacer
It's not real clear if it's for a 1913 rail, but I would bet it is.

Anyone know of any optional mounts for the Reflex? This is the only one I could find.

And I found this QR mount for the Trijicon RMR:
American Defense QR RMR mount

I would be happy to go with the American Defense QR mount if I go with the RMR. I have their scope monut and like it a lot.

There are all sorts of 45deg mounts out there. What do you guys consider the best brands? There all inexpensive, I figure I may as well go with the best.

Thanks

Re: Can't Figure Out Good 45deg mount

Here is the one that we offer. You can also get the mount with 20 MOA down angle.
John III
398448287.jpg