• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Canted reticle on ACOG TA01

Phantom F4E

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
I was shooting in a local 2 gun match w/ my AR A4 Clone. The stage was 5 different stations. Three steel reactive targets, 2 rds each. By the time a got to the 4th and 5th stations the reticle was looked canted. I have the ACOG in a Larue Mount. I checked to see if it was loose. It was nice a tight.I fired a lot of rds because I was kneeling, fogged glasses and heat distortion, so I was missing. After the barrel cooled down the canitng seemed to straighten out. I am guessing it was the heat from the barrel. The safety officer saw the cant as well. thoughts?

Re: Canted reticle on ACOG TA01

I've fired a lot of rounds with that same setup, at a rate of fire that gets the hand guards so hot you can't hold them with bare hands. I've never seen anything like that from the heat, but who knows...

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but it would be interesting if it was something that can be repeated.

If you see it again, remove the scope and check it off the rifle for any apparent cant. At least if it is the scope, Trijicon stands behind their products and will take care of it.

Re: Canted reticle on ACOG TA01

SVT, that is what I am thinking.

Redmanss, thanks for your input. And thanks for your service. My son just got back from his 1st deployment from Astan. He is a SAW gunner w/ the 3/7 out of 29Palms