• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cantelevered Scope mount

felix5616

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
New Hampshire
I have tried to mount a US optics scope on my 10/22 with a wooden stock with a thumbloe. once mounted the scope is too far from where my cheek rests on the stock. The picatinny ray is rather short. Is is inappropriate or dangerous to mount a canteleverd scope mount backwards is a attempt to shift the scope position closer to mycheek rest position?

It should be functionally fine as long as it’s a 0MOA cantilever mount.

I am thinking about trying something like that with my 22lr got an adjustable scope base that is supposed to have up to 200 moa of adjustment I still have not figured out how to make it work but I guess that's 1/2 the fun of toys figuring out how to get it to do what you want in a easily repeatable and predictable way . Good luck with yours may you get it to do what you want it to do . But , one way or the other I will have the elevation to shoot 1k by this summer shakes his head and laughs well it should be fun one way or another .

Last edited:
It does work. :) I had to use it because I wanted to keep the tech sights on there.

Attachments

• mount.png
    mount.png
    330.7 KB · Views: 30