• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cantilever scope mounts.

XP1K

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2017
Texas
In the market for a new mount and I'm drawing a blank.

I need a mount for an ar with a picitinny cap to mount a red dot of some sort. I have adm mounts now and the delta c looks to fit the bill but they only have an rmr ring cap for it.

I don't want to be slaved to any one optic so I'm trying to stay away from optic specific mounts.

Throw some suggestions at me.

Reptilia and Badger Ordnance both make mounts with different ring cap mounting options, as well as other mounting options on the mount. There are companies like Parker Mountain Machine also making replacement caps to mount other optics.

I think Primary Arms is making a mount and ring cap that uses Glock MOS pattern so you can get an adapter plate for MOS and run what you like.

Reactions: XP1K
Anybody tried the 1.7" height mounts ? I was thinking about 1.93" since I've got the b5 stock with the adjustable cheek piece. Maybe a little more comfortable prone? I think 1.93" is a little more than I want though for this rifle.

Anybody tried the 1.7" height mounts ? I was thinking about 1.93" since I've got the b5 stock with the adjustable cheek piece. Maybe a little more comfortable prone? I think 1.93" is a little more than I want though for this rifle.
I haven’t, but want to get a 1.7. That’s probably about the highest you could go and still have a usable piggyback dot. Leupold makes a ring top mount, and Koeng Co makes different adapter plates for it.

I haven’t, but want to get a 1.7. That’s probably about the highest you could go and still have a usable piggyback dot. Leupold makes a ring top mount, and Koeng Co makes different adapter plates for it.

I'm tempted to try it. Still looking at the moment.

There's a moumt from Warne, the skyline, it has a picitinny plate that you can mount at 12 o'clock or on a 45° offset. Considering that one also.

Griffin armament has one that looks like a spuhr knockoff buy its 1.45" and I don't want one quite that chunky.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Griffin armament has one that looks like a spuhr knockoff buy its 1.45" and I don't want one quite that chunky.
Yeah, and it’s named the Cantilevered Universal Mount, Griffon Ultra zeroing and leveling, rifle. For short, it’s the CUM GUZLR…

I'm tempted to try it. Still looking at the moment.

There's a moumt from Warne, the skyline, it has a picitinny plate that you can mount at 12 o'clock or on a 45° offset. Considering that one also.

I've had a few and still have one Warn mount and they've always been solid. Not the coolest newest thing out there but they work really well.

Reactions: XP1K
I just put a Seekins MXM on my Mk12 with their "X cap" which offers different accessory solutions however all that is available currently is a bubble level or a diving board, I'm told they're working on their red dot mounts currently.

I can't say for certain as I haven't tried it but I think a >1.7" would be a little high for shooting prone, would really have to crank your neck. The Seekins mount is a 1.45" which for me is perfect using an A2 stock.