• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cape Cod in deep shit...litrerally

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Just throw a few urinal mints along the river banks its just piss.

This is sad, but not surprising. Things like this are also happening to the Islands off Cape Cod as well (Martha;'s Vineyard & Nantucket). I recall when you could still take your trash to the local landfill for free (if you brought it there yourself. Not anymore. Those landfills have long been at capacity and they have to have trash carted off the island in those big 18 Wheeler trucks. So, off they go on the open air freight boats (they'd never be allowed on the passenger ferries unless they were "empties" being returned for more pickups. Likewise, there used to be "Honey dripper" trucks and businesses that would drain cess pools and septic tanks. There was/is no island wide sewer system. Maybe now, but I doubt it because there's no water treatment facility on the islands. . .

These days you have to buy individual stickers or pay for an annual pass in order to get your trash bags collected. Ah well. If the sticker ain't on a trash bag, it doesn't get collected.

All these towns and cities all across North America dumping raw sewage in streams and rivers every time it rains a 1/2” or more.

Then blame it on the farmers
    A lot of the old pipes were terra cotta, which soon becomes porous and leaks. The problem is endemic in Mexico. Hundreds of years back they build all the sewer lines and water lines out of terra cotta, put them both in the same ditch to save labor. Now they all leak into each other and people get sick. They had a huge cholera epidemic in Cuernavaca years ago, lots of people shit themselves to death.

Reactions: babyguppy
    I considered putting this in pooperhounds 'show your poop' thread but this is some real shit.

A stinky stew on Cape Cod: Human waste and warming water

https://ground.news › article › a-stinky-stew-on-cape-co...

18 hours ago — A stinky stew on Cape Cod: Human waste and warming water. The algae blooms in Santuit and other ponds are fueled by phosphorus, which, like ...
    This is my first post on here so you guys can take it for what your paying for it. My family has been in the land improvement and drainage business since 1953. One of the biggest issues that is causing this shit in multiple states is the over reach of groups like the DNR and local governing bodies who put a moratorium on dredging and open ditch cleaning. Ditch’s like sewer pipes and drain tile are not maintenance free. If they are left to fill with sediment then every time it rains those tributaries will fill all the lakes/streams with many different fertilizers and heavy metals generally at toxic levels. Long story short the agenda of the mainly left to continue their pursuit of control is doing the exact opposite of what they are preaching about with all the save the environment shit. Messes Need to be cleaned up end of story.

This is my first post on here so you guys can take it for what your paying for it. My family has been in the land improvement and drainage business since 1953. One of the biggest issues that is causing this shit in multiple states is the over reach of groups like the DNR and local governing bodies who put a moratorium on dredging and open ditch cleaning. Ditch’s like sewer pipes and drain tile are not maintenance free. If they are left to fill with sediment then every time it rains those tributaries will fill all the lakes/streams with many different fertilizers and heavy metals generally at toxic levels. Long story short the agenda of the mainly left to continue their pursuit of control is doing the exact opposite of what they are preaching about with all the save the environment shit. Messes Need to be cleaned up end of story.
    Welcome to the Hide.

I agree with you.

On so many levels this is accurate. Just the 're-introduction' of "brown paper bags" back into stores and it being 'green'. They are crap quality, because the industry had been devastated decades ago. Mills were shut-down/sold/parted out. The places that made the strongest paper just ain't around anymore. And good luck building a new pulp mill. Again, see your post.

And that is only ONE example, of which there are many. But 'new and improved....' people gobbled that shit up. Which brings us right back to where we were....

I agree with you.

On so many levels this is accurate. Just the 're-introduction' of "brown paper bags" back into stores and it being 'green'. They are crap quality, because the industry had been devastated decades ago. Mills were shut-down/sold/parted out. The places that made the strongest paper just ain't around anymore. And good luck building a new pulp mill. Again, see your post.

And that is only ONE example, of which there are many. But 'new and improved....' people gobbled that shit up. Which brings us right back to where we were....

My maternal family is from Saint Mary's GA, the "second" oldest incorporated city in the US, after St. Augustine, FL. It's where the Gillman Paper Co. was located. They made a ton of those brown paper grocery bags. My Uncle used to work for them for years. It was a thriving business at the time. Now, it doesn't exist anymore. They give railroad tours on the old "St. Mary's Railroad" that supplied raw lumber to the company to be milled into those paper shopping bags (by the Kraft Bag Division). Yet, the city still survives. It's now home to the "Kings Bay Submarine Base," where a number (classified) of Ohio class Trident & Cruise Missile subs are based.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    I agree with you.

I’m always fascinated with the end result of “new and improved “. As a rule in Dane county Wisconsin that philosophy will always provide the same results
    1. It is always more expensive than any other way that could be used to get to the same goal
    2. It is slower than the second coming of Christ.
    3. There is always an impact study done that costs several million dollars to find an answer that anyone with common sense could figure out in just a couple minutes.
    4. When the project is done there is a 100% chance that the end result will be incomplete and require more resources to finish properly than what was budgeted for.
    5. There is always a new job position made for someone to ”Monitor” whatever the original issue was long term or for a lifetime.
    It is not hard to figure out where are inflation issues stem from, and I don’t see how the merry go round of rising prices ever stops without major changes in the amount of control the government has.

Gives all those collage graduates a job because their education didn't teach them anything useful. Government always finds a way to employ their idiot friends and relatives.

Reactions: BLEE and BurtG
    I agree with you.

Follow the money. All those improved products and shut downs resulted in some politician getting richer.

Reactions: BLEE and babyguppy
    Gives all those collage graduates a job because their education didn't teach them anything useful. Government always finds a way to employ their idiot friends and relatives.
    Where I went to college it was 'college'. :unsure: