• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CaPRC 10/9/10 Night Match AAR

2156SMK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.caprc.com
We had 20 shooters show up to shoot saturday night's match.
Brad, Charlie, Ryan and myself ran the line along with help from several other people that were not shooting.
I can't remember everyone's names off the top, but thank you for the help.

Total round count for the match was 53-59 depending on how many shots were fired on the poolballs and the KYL.
There were 755 points possible.
Only 3 people hit their coldbore shot, including 1st and 2nd place finishers.
On the seated stage, most people hit 1/5 with a few hitting 2/5 and a couple people hitting 3/5.
Due to our 10pm deadline, stages 8 and 9 had to be thrown out as there were several people that did not complete each of them.
Threfore, the final results only include stages 1-7.

The course of fire was as follows:

Stage 1
250yd coldbore
Round count: 1
On the beep, engage the 3" shoot-n-see at 250yds with 1 shot.
40 points for a hit.
40 points possible
60 seconds prep, 30 seconds shoot time.

Stage 2
35yd 5 dot drill
Round count: 5
On the beep, engage the five 1/2" dots at 35yds with 1 shot each.
10 points per hit.
50 points possible
60 seconds prep, 60 seconds shoot time.

Stage 3
80yd unsupported transistions
Round count: 9
On the beep, engage the mini silouette target at 80yds with 3 shots standing, then 3 shots kneeling and finally 3 shots seated.
Bolt must be open while transistioning between positions.
Scoring per the values on the target.
90 points possible
60 seconds prep, 60 seconds shoot time.

Stage 4
100yd Pool balls
Round count: up to 9
On the beep, engage all the solid pool balls. The 8 ball is optional. A hit to the 8 ball without also hitting all other solid balls causes the shooter to lose all points. No rear bag may be used. Only gloves or a wadded up schemagh may be used as rear support.
10 points per ball except the 8 ball is worth 30 or zero points if all solids are not hit.
100 points possible.
60 seconds prep, 70 second shoot time.

Stage 5
250yd Seated steel
Round count: 5
on the beep engage the 10" round steel plate with 5 rounds from the seated position.
20 points per hits.
100 points possible.
60 sec prep and 60 sec shoot time.

Stage 6
200yd KYL.
Round count: up to 6
On the beep, engage the circles from largest to smallest, stopping if you do not believe you can make a sure hit. A miss causes shooter to zero the whole target.
Scoring per the values on the target.
105 points possible.
60 seconds prep, 60 second shoot time.

Stage 7
200yd hostage
Round count: 6
On the beep, engage the hostage target at 200 yards from the prone position with three rounds on each side.
15 points for shots within the scoring box or 5 points for any other bad guy hit and -15 points for any hostage hit.
90 points possible
60 sec prep and 60 sec shoot.

Stage 8
100yd to 400yd transistions
Round count: 6
On the beep, engage the 100yd 2" Shoot-n-See dot then the 400yd 8" plate. Repeat 3 times as one string.
10 points per hit.
60 points possible.
60 seconds prep, 60 second shoot time.

Stage 9
Random Steel Suprise
Round count: 12
On the beep, engage the steel plates as the spotter calls them out.
10 points per hit.
120 points possible.
180 seconds combined prep and shoot time.

Scores were as follows:

314 Brandon 243win
247 Jeff B 223rem
235 Joe V 308win
228 Seth R 260rem
211 Ken H 308win
206 James J 260rem
170 Mike M
165 John L
155 Connor P
153 Kurtis K
150 Alfonso O
140 Steven R
132 Chris B
109 Rich G
102 Andrew K
66 Nathan W
60 Nick P
56 Bob B
25 Kevin H
0 Ben S

Re: CaPRC 10/9/10 Night Match AAR

I only got 16 rounds off lol!

I had a blast though and indeed learned a lot. I never thought about the P4F at night until you Ryan pointed it out. So it sucks at night completely lol. We'll have to see about doing a night match out here, it was too much fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNATCHER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only got 16 rounds off lol!

I had a blast though and indeed learned a lot. I never thought about the P4F at night until you Ryan pointed it out. So it sucks at night completely lol. We'll have to see about doing a night match out here, it was too much fun. </div></div>

trade you my USO, straight across.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNATCHER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only got 16 rounds off lol!</div></div>

More shooting, less talking.
We gave fair warning at the shooters meeting that everyone was responsible for shooting all the stages by 10pm.

Great shooting Seth!! Get your ass up to Vegas and shoot the November match with your old buddies!

LOL I know. I still did have a blast though and got a good eval on some gear.