• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sprice

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2011
Utah
Has anyone here ever heard of Center Axis Relock? I think it looks like a reality based shooting system and I think I want to be trained in it. I liked Krav Maga and I'm hoping this is the krav of shooting! Watch the video's at sabre tactical for info, tell me what you think about it.

The only thing I can't get over is sighting in with my left eye when using it right handed...

Re: CAR

I took this course from Paul Castle last year. He developed the system and at the time was teaching it at a range outside Nashville among other places. There are a number of instructors who learned the system from him and continue to teach it. He was an amazing instructor, smart, charismatic, and a great guy. I heard that he passed away several weeks ago from cancer. He was a very bright spark and will be missed.

I found the CAR system to be very fast and effective for my purposes. It is a both-eyes-open system. You learn to shoot effectively from both strong side and support side, and how to move from one to the other quickly.

One of the core concepts is that it is a system that can be more effective under stress. There are those that don't like it, and those that love it. Observing the people I trained with, those with a lot of time invested in another system took longer to pick it up.

As a right handed, left eye dominant shooter, it works perfectly for me. Others in my course, right handed, right eye dominant, did quite well with it.

Like most things, you have to train a lot to get really good.