• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbine barrel stuffed with 35 rounds

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    HI-POINT WARRANTY CENTER FINDS CARBINE BARREL STUFFED WITH 35 BULLETS
    03/7/19 11:00 AM | by Chris Eger

Hi point barrel with 35 rounds lodged in it

Ordinarily, most shooters stop after a squib load. This is not one of those stories. (Photo: Hi-Point)
    Ohio-based Hi-Point Firearms this week posted a couple of snapshots of a 995TS carbine crammed with a whopping 35 rounds of 9mm slugs.
    “When he called stating he was having accuracy issues he had no idea the rounds had not left the barrel,” said the company on social media. “After receiving his carbine in we discovered the issue, re-barreled his 995TS and sent it back to him. How’s that for customer service?”
    The dreaded squib load, where a bullet does not leave the barrel and typically prevents follow-on rounds from exiting, is one of the most dangerous malfunctions a shooter can experience. They often lead to dramatic and unsafe “ka-boom” situations that can result in injury and permanent damage to both life and property.
    The post by Hi-Point, a company that catches a lot of shade in the gun community but backs up their products with a famous lifetime warranty, garnered almost 500 comments.
    “Dude needs to buy a lotto ticket and probably go to church to say thanks,” said one. “How did he not notice it was 8050 grains or so heavier…” observed another.
    And probably the best observation: “Say all you want, but you can’t knock that grouping.”
    This post was updated from the original, which stated the barrel was from a .45ACP 4595TS Carbine, after Hi-Point stealth updated their original post from that to a 9mm 995TS Carbine.

You guys sure that's not a marketing stunt?
    Here's a pic of one, that a single 9mm Tula squib stuck in the barrel took out with the next shot.
    Squib_zpszmo6sthk.jpg

P1170728_zpsuhzrlo84.jpg

Those are my pictures, not my gun.
    I was sitting at the next bench and watched this fool pew pew pew every gun he had.
    The squib stopped just a few inches from the end of the barrel. What luck :)

Last edited:
    I question the 35 squib load photo.

However, this is one of those characters to dumb to own a firearm of any kind.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    I question the 35 squib load photo.

However, this is one of those characters to dumb to own a firearm of any kind.
    JP precision posted a pic of one of their 9mm PCC carbines sent in with 24 bullets stuck in the barrel. Only the first has to be a squib, not all 35.

I would venture a guess that this is only possible in blowback guns.

This.

There are some examples of things like MP40's and PPSH's with this kind of thing. Battlefields that are loud.... ball ammo. Blowback. Doesn't have to rupture a barrel.

But to do it in a High-Point.... you have to be a complete moron. Because, well, you don't have, say, the Battle of the %$#@ing Bulge or Kursk happening around you.

Whatever.. Darwin was right.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I hope they rebarreled it with a squirt gun...

The HK MK 23 was able to handle squib loads in testing (as well as 6K proof rounds before they gave up) but a Hi Point?!

35 bullets, what a fucking goober. Safe bet it was a blowback operation, thankfully.

Props to Hi Point for backing up their products, I'll rag on them for all kinds of shit but their reliability and CS are top notch. Bet that sumbitch shoots one Minute of Ray Charles or better outta the box now, lol.