• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbine length spring & buffer for a PRS??

Truck10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2010
Bucks Co, Pa
Will a carbine length spring and buffer work in a rifle length buffer tube?? This is the first time ever using a full length stock on my AR. Thanks

Re: Carbine length spring & buffer for a PRS??

I'm not 100% positive, but I think that a stock that uses a rifle length spring and buffer should be used with the appropriate parts. There might be some issues with cycling and such, but then again, I am not 100% positive on this.

lol, geez. no. it will not work. its a rifle length tube that the PRS slides over so you need a rifle spring and buffer. SEARCH man. please. SEARCH. call magpul.

If anything, i was hoping to just replace the spring for 10 bucks, but it's the buffer itself i'm concerned about.

and if its going on a 308, you need a 308 specific rifle buffer and spring. but yes, you need to change it. you can trade it maybe in the WTT/WTB section

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anything, i was hoping to just replace the spring for 10 bucks, but it's the buffer itself i'm concerned about. </div></div>

Well you just spent around $200 on your PRS, suck it up and spend $13 for a rifle buffer and $4 for the spring if you're using this on an AR-15, if its a 308, then your pricing goes $20 for the buffer and $8 for the spring. Here's a listing from MidwayUSA

you know....THE best buffer spring is flat coil chrome silicate spring from superior shooting systems......its what the pros use that have been in the news of late from the other side of the planet.........just sayin

Your carrier key will start chewing on your charging handle if you use a carbine buffer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your carrier key will start chewing on your charging handle if you use a carbine buffer. </div></div>

I wondering what would happen and this sounds right. I wonder if it would smack it hard enough to unseat the CH or would it just smack the gas key into the upper? Then the buffer would come back and smack back into the BCG. Not something I want to do with one of my own rifles.