• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbon Buildup on Illumination Devices

TEzNJ

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2022
Hawaii
F41C1667-B2EB-401B-8AA5-8B51C06055BA.jpeg

Hopefully this image helps. I would like some insight. Recently mounted a MAWL and changed my M300 from 11:30 to 3 o’clock. Realized there’s some carbon buildup on the lens of the M300 as I anticipated… but I realized on the protective part of the MAWL (Rubber end) had some of the Carbon. Luckily the MAWL was on the OFF position so it was protected from any carbon that might’ve gotten on any emitter in theory (checked after range all emitters clear). Would any flash hider help with preventing carbon buildup? I was thinking I’d the Sure fire 3 prong, or surefire closed tine (neither would be a warcomp), or a JP 3P flash hider. I’m thinking of these since the distance from the end of the emitters from the ports would be further.

But this an image before I made another revision, timing the brake to 1:30 if (you’re looking at timing from the back of the rifle looking towards the muzzle). And moved the MAWL back about 1/4-1/2 an inch.

Any insight helps, mainly just trying to prevent carbon buildup on MAWL laser EMITTERS,

Thanks
-Z

Wipe off the loose stuff with a rag and some degreaser. A pink pencil eraser will remove the rest.

I coat all my lenses with a thin layer of chap stick after cleaning. Makes the next cleanup a no effort wipe and re-coat affair.

Reactions: MarshallDodge