• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbon ring removal

Alabama556

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 15, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    Who makes a nylon rod that does not rotate that I can use for chamber cleaning and carbon ring removal?

Is 12 inches long enough?

I just use a bore guide and a mop on the end of a rod. Soak mop with BoreTech Carbon Remover thru the solvent port of the guide and position it just past the end of the guide to soak the throat area. Let it sit...won't hurt the barrel. Then patch out and look see.

Also, I know Frank Green of Bartlein uses Rem 40X...just about only mild abrasive he will use....on a Parker Hale style jag to work the throat area over. I've used it and it did seem to really clean up the carbon in that area.

Best of luck.

I had a terrible carbon in the throat area. I would recmmend soaking with C4 boretech after that bronze brush. After that 10 dry patches. After that boretech chamelein gel + 10dry patches. You are done.