• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbon six barrels any good?

7mm-08 Freak

Medic
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
San Angelo TX
I see a lot of Carbon six barrels being bought and sold on here. I am wanting to re barrel a Bolt gun with one in 7MM-08, 20" for a can for use in a blind and truck. Are they any good? I expect .5 MOA or better

@reubenski can elaborate

I have one on my hunting rifle, will be shooting it when the bipod comes in for it

Does half inch at 300 yds work for your purposes?
View attachment 7990540

This particular barrel is on a hunting rifle. I loaded 50 rounds and it lasted me for three or four years. This year I had to load another 50 rounds so I did a quick seating depth test before loading another 3 years worth of ammo.View attachment 7990542
How many rounds did your first barrel last? Why did you scrap it? Velocity swings or groups?

This is a 18" Carbonsix I bought on here used. Ran some 130s that I had loaded for my 18" Bartlein and some 140s that I had from a 28" Bartlein. The 130s are the first picture, the 140s the second. Not bad for ammo I had loaded, will probably do better with some load development. I haven't even checked distance to the lands yet. I have a 20" 6.5 PRC barrel that will go on another Tikka soon.
126.JPG
128.JPG
129.JPG

Buy with confidence!

Call in and speak with Gene @ C6. He will answer all your questions and handle your order himself.

Have the barrel chambered and fitted to your action; feed it with appropriate ammo and shoot tight groups!

I have 3 and am planning on more!

Reactions: Malcolm31