• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories CarbonSIX 6.5PRC savage small shank barrel

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019
NEW. Never used or mounted. 0 rounds.
CarbonSix barrel:
Savage small shank
6.5PRC
24”
7 twist
5/8-24” muzzle thread
Magnum carbon contour
Helical pattern

Asking $600.00 shipped.

112B1542-9CCA-4259-A8A3-85111F7DCF0A.jpeg

9A0E8703-E370-4F18-86D4-F26E8CA69621.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a question. got the barrel and nut. The nut does not fit this barrel.. Too small to go all the way down the barrel shaft and only screws on about 1/2" from the threaded end. Does it go to another barrel? First time dealing with savages so not sure what is wrong. My action came with a slightly larger nut but it does same thing only little better.

Can you post a picture because that does not make sense. I have the same exact barrel and nut below.

4B0267D1-C70D-496D-9303-44A179A0FD65.jpeg

It is locked tight at this point. Will Not go further. barrel screws into action fine. Got another nut that is even tighter it seems

Attachments

• PXL_20230307_032657317.jpg
    PXL_20230307_032657317.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 31
This makes zero sense. That barrel has been installed on a TL3 action. Did you inspect the threads before screwing the nut on the barrel?

I guess send the barrel back and I’ll refund you. I have no clue why that is happening to you but not for me. My address is on the box.

I emailed carbon six. Lets see what they say. I see no nicks or damaged threads and it screws into the action

Did you use the same barrel nut? it goes easily to that point and then just locks tight and cannot be moved forward.

The second nut just barely engages and locks tight

Last edited:
I am not sure about that exact barrel nut. I have four different barrel nuts. The one I sent you might have been a new/unused barrel nut. I really didn’t think to check when I was putting the barrel nut in the box.

Let me know what they say in case I need to call them up.

I just saw something. I tried screwing the barrel ALL the way into the action and when it stops I can look in the action and still see threads. Not familiar with savages, but thought it should go in to end of action threads.

No. That’s not how it works. You don’t gauge a headspace by seeing threads. You need to have a “go gauge” and a “no-go gauge” for the 6.5PRC. That sets the headspace. A lot of times, I headspace off a piece of virgin brass with a piece of scotch tape on the back. But I have a decent amount of experience with savage barrel nuts. So, if you’ve never done it, then it’s best to follow standard practices.

With the barrel nut installed and backed away from the chamber enough, you screw the barrel on the action a little bit but not all the way. Then you chamber the go gauge with the bolt closed. Screw the barrel until you feel the go gauge flush in the chamber. The barrel will stop screwing in. Then you tighten the barrel nut. Then you remove the go gauge and put the no-go gauge in the chamber. The bolt should not close with the no-go gauge.

It’s probably best to watch videos about how to do it if you’ve never done it before.

No. That’s not how it works. You don’t gauge a headspace by seeing threads. You need to have a “go gauge” and a “no-go gauge” for the 6.5PRC. That sets the headspace. A lot of times, I headspace off a piece of virgin brass with a piece of scotch tape on the back. But I have a decent amount of experience with savage barrel nuts. So, if you’ve never done it, then it’s best to follow standard practices.

With the barrel nut installed and backed away from the chamber enough, you screw the barrel on the action a little bit but not all the way. Then you chamber the go gauge with the bolt closed. Screw the barrel until you feel the go gauge flush in the chamber. The barrel will stop screwing in. Then you tighten the barrel nut. Then you remove the go gauge and put the no-go gauge in the chamber. The bolt should not close with the no-go gauge.

It’s probably best to watch videos about how to do it if you’ve never done it before.
What was your order number. Ordered threaded?

Carbon six will look up the order