• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cargo Parachute

aur0ra145

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2012
DFW, TX
I just had a buddy give me 3 cargo parachutes that look military. Any ideas for uses with these things? They cords have been cut, so attempting to skydive is out of the question. What are they worth?

Cheers

We had one spread out between the containers as a huge sun shade in our base admin area OS.

These were common when I was a kid. We even had 'em to play with at school (kids circle it, move it up and down until it inflates and run under it). Makeshift tent and sunshade is a good idea, seen 'em used for that. These were the old real silk ones too. In the army, they were used for shades at ranges sometimes.

I don't know what they're worth. I have a radar dispersing camo net though that I got that I use for the same thing --turns out the damn thing is worth $1000!

Only problem with the chutes is that they are so thin they get torn up easy, otherwise they'd be good for laying out on the ground too.

You could also cut 'em up and make MC Hammer pants. You know, bring it back.

Got kids? Put a box fan in one corner, and just turn 'em loose. It turns into an inflated tent/fort/crazy play area. Which reminds me, I haven't done that in a while, should be fun.

I bought a couple from a local surplus store for $60 a piece. in perfect condition, but to decommission them they cut the lines when they reach so many drops, Im sure.(but could be wrong)