• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carl @ ugly reloading đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Lowhighlander

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2021
Early TX
Ordered a primer seater and some goodies few weeks ago, seater showed backordered so I figured it’d be a bit. Looked and I saw in stock but no shipping. Called him, he looked it up and said it showed shipped, that he did it all himself and a glitch happened and he wasn’t sure how but it hadn’t. He admitted fault and was VERY apologetic and said he’d get it done asap. Within minutes he called back and asked what I might could need to throw in extra. I said no worries but he insisted. Within 30 minutes I had tracking. In a day where folks deny deny deny it was refreshing for someone to own up, apologize then go above and beyond. Folks I like giving my business and hard earned $$. Most posts share an opposite experience, I wanted to share something good.

I feel a LOT of companies start off with excellent customer service and when you call they answer. Then comes success and they lose that aspect very quickly due to volume or whatever.

It’s becoming very hard to find good CS from a larger company and I think another reason is people do not stay in their positions at the companies for long and move up or around.

I was gonna purchase of of his systems but instead just moved my reloading to my Dillon instead.

Yes I received mine very fast. Impressed for sure

I feel a LOT of companies start off with excellent customer service and when you call they answer. Then comes success and they lose that aspect very quickly due to volume or whatever.

It’s becoming very hard to find good CS from a larger company and I think another reason is people do not stay in their positions at the companies for long and move up or around.

^ I have had excellent experience in almost every one of my "small seller" Gunbroker purchases. A couple of random mistakes that were quickly rectified.

I've had three nightmares...each one was a "Top 100 Seller" with tens of thousands of transactions. You can't even get (The Gun Dock)'s phone number...zero response from multiple emails...until I disputed the card charges...then he reached out to me.

I purchased an ugly annealer from Carl two years ago. Zero problems with the transaction.

How’s the primer seater? I want to try one but he didn’t respond to my emails. Need to try calling I suppose

How’s the primer seater? I want to try one but he didn’t respond to my emails. Need to try calling I suppose
Call and leave a message, he’ll call back.

I ordered one of their primer seaters today and had tracking on it in just over an hour. Very pleased with the turnaround time/CS so far.

I really want to try one. I have a primal rights setup up and I don’t love how much leverage it takes. I’m thinking Carls setup while using a press it would take less effort. I realize that sounds wimpy but I really am on the struggle bus. I’d love to hear peoples experiences with Carl’s primer setup.

Reactions: Reformedcitykid
I got some time behind mine yesterday, and I am impressed, to say the least. Granted, my only experience with priming tools has been handheld Lee & RCBS primers, I haven’t ever used a CPS or other bench-mounted system, but the PCPS is incredibly easy. So easy, in fact, that on the first piece of brass I primed (6.5cm), I brought the ram up 3x in a row because I didn’t even realize the primer had seated. I thought it was meeting resistance going in, not that it had already seated. It’s an absolute breeze, and requires minimal effort. The depth adjustments are very easy and accurate as well. I’ve only done 200 pieces of brass so far (100x 6.5cm & 100x 223), but between the actual PCPS unit and my experience ordering from Carl, it’s a 10/10. I can’t imagine going back to any other priming system after this.

Reactions: ifgator
I have one. Ordered and shipped very fast. I am using the dillion tubes and had to cut the plastic nipple (not the loading end) off so it sits nicely on top. Like it much more than the FA hand primer which was becoming a pain with primers jamming in the hand primer itself.