• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Carnival Ballistics podcast official thread 🎡

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    Well try and keep this up to date about what’s going on in our crazy little world. We talk about almost everything under the sun and have a great time doing it! There are bourbon reviews mixed in with our lives of shooting both, elr and prs matches, while running a carnival in the summer months. The humor has been our biggest feedback date though.

Welcome aboard and feel free to offer suggestions and feedback.

Finished our Black Friday recording last night. Should be up soon! Got a little longer than we normally do, but we’re going to run it👌
    Who cares on length? Some of us like variable length as long as it's good. You can pause and listen to more later if you need to.

Reactions: Geno C.
    I just have always thought about a guy listening on the ride to work. Generally around an hour is what I shoot for

I just have always thought about a guy listening on the ride to work. Generally around an hour is what I shoot for
    Length doesn't matter to me as long as the conversation is good; I will listen to it on a morning run, on my way to work, and even during work.

Been listening to some of the older episodes. Good stuff.

Thanks. We’re not professional by any stretch but seems to get good response from the feedback we’ve gotten

Hopefully this thread gets you more visibility. Lots of folks relate to the content.

934F4A2E-6433-4431-8296-BD46C849E01F.jpeg
    Seems a few of our friends are really behind this. We had our bourbon party last night,(no one died) and a friend pulled our logo off here and printed up a tank top for Jamie and myself and a long sleeve shirt for our prize table. Another friend, brought a giant cookie with our colored logo on it!

Just listened to the Black Friday podcast. Geno, if you don't like Scotch but like Bourbon, you're simply picking the wrong Scotch. I too hate any of the Scotches that are full of peat, or earthy, etc. The flavor profile of Scotch highly depends on the region it hails from in Scotland, and the water and other materials used in distillation. I'm very much a Speyside single malt guy, lots of fruit notes, caramels, etc and none of the topsoil set on fire flavor. A good go to is Glenfiddich 12 year, about $40 a bottle.

I have a few bottles around that I may revisit at some point. We had our bourbon party this last Saturday and I was asked a few times how may open bottles I have. So Sunday, after nursing a bit of a hangover, I decided to count. 123 open bottles currently. Some I enjoy a lot, and some, I don’t really care for. That’s the great thing about it all, if you like whisky, you’ll eventually find one or more that you really like.

Reactions: HPIguy
    Dayum! 123 bottles, yep bound to find something worth drinking for sure. :ROFLMAO:

I have a few bottles around that I may revisit at some point. We had our bourbon party this last Saturday and I was asked a few times how may open bottles I have. So Sunday, after nursing a bit of a hangover, I decided to count. 123 open bottles currently. Some I enjoy a lot, and some, I don’t really care for. That’s the great thing about it all, if you like whisky, you’ll eventually find one or more that you really like.
    Geno you sound like me and sodas. 356 tried over 10 years. I keep pictures of them.

Our holiday episode is up. You never know what one of these trips to Florida and back will bring 🤦‍♂️ As always, we had a blast though!!

Reactions: LeftyJason
    Thats a really cool idea, Geno.

Its such a pain in the ass to do the whole swag thing yourself. im still waiting to find the Tshirt blanks that i like. Been out of stock everywhere for the last 6 months or more. I might do it this way in the future.

Thats a really cool idea, Geno.

Its such a pain in the ass to do the whole swag thing yourself. im still waiting to find the Tshirt blanks that i like. Been out of stock everywhere for the last 6 months or more. I might do it this way in the future.
    We didn’t want to try and stock a bunch of stuff and find out that the combination of sizes and colors wasn’t what people wanted. This seemed like an easier idea. We don’t make anything off them. It’s just for fun and advertising

The price is attractive. Some small run shirts are so expensive a guy can’t afford it. Looking forward to mine. Seems like a good advertising idea.

I like the shirts for the heat. My lady is about as reasonable cost wise as I’ve ever seen. Helps she’s Buzz’s trap coach too

Reactions: Average guy
    Yeah they are damn reasonable for custom work.

We don’t have any tall cups yet. We’ve talked about a Tervis style cup or other insulated type deal. This is all self funded so little at a time.

Stickers will definitely be coming. Have to find the right place to get the full color logo done.

I recall seeing a tall Christman cup at one time.
    I love the one I have, but it just doesn't fit in a cup holder.

Doesn't she make one sort of like this, but using the same color scheme and flared top?

20220310_094010.jpg

We have Pilsner type cups for the carnival. Sadly, the bottoms of those done quite fit in most cup holders. If there is a lot of interest in a stone cup like they, I might work with the guy to see about changing the base diameter

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Fair enough, I’m probably fat enough without bacon. Let me know when the next batch shows up, and I’ll take one