• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carring rifle during competition

Jdaniel343

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
Casper,WY 82601
I have a Eberlestock backpack for hunting that allows me to carry the gun in a sleave thats attached to the backpack.
I this allowed during competition when going from stage to stage.
I registered for the Sniper Cup in Douglas and have never shot in any competition shoots other than Trap shooting.

I don't know the official call on this but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be....I watched the "GAP Grind" vids awhile back that was filmed down at K&M, and I thought I saw a couple of Eberlestock backpacks that were being used to carry long weapons.

In some comps it's simply an unnecessary hassle to use the scabbard on the Eberlestock as you go from stage to stage and it becomes simply easier to just carry it. That's the nice thing about the Eberlestock packs though, you don't have to use the scabbard if you don't want to but when you have to keep your hands free it's a life saver.

You can use it if you like, I have one but never seem to use my eberle in matches because its so big and bulky and makes you tend to pack to much. No reason why you cant use it though.

Unless specifically told you can't, shouldn't be a problem using whatever you want. You might want to consider the venue of the match though. For example, competitions at K&M don't require you to hump very far from stage to stage while others might. That may change your decison on how you carry the weapon. Food for thought.

I have used my G2 in a couple multigun matches and it is great. If you have a second long gun it is a life saver.