• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Carrying meat on load shelf

hereinaz

LS Wild - Thunderbird Long Range
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I hated my heavy caribou load slipping around between the load straps on my pack.

First design concept of a universal "bucket" to strap to a frame. This will strap to a Kifaru and Kuiu frames as is, and probably most external frames with some minor tweaking.

It can run solo or between frame and bag.

I am working on whether to sew all the straps where they cross, or leave the daisy chains.

Any thoughts before I release the product?

20210210_073531.jpg
    20210210_073613.jpg
    20210209_201115.jpg

Nice concept... not sure how tightly you can cinch it down.

This you can secure your load on, and could have the pack attatched on the outside.

:sneaky:https://bullpacs.com/;)

Nice concept... not sure how tightly you can cinch it down.

This you can secure your load on, and could have the pack attatched on the outside.

:sneaky:https://bullpacs.com/;)

You are right on the money. It is designed to cinch down and lock the load onto the frame. It is connected directly to the frame by G clips, so you can cinch it down very tight. You could run it all by itself, or add the pack on top of it.

The bucket keeps the meat bags or other gear from squirting out the bottom and corners. The squirting always makes the straps too loose as the load shifts. Should have to adjust the straps very little over a hike.

Reactions: DIBBS and rope
    Looks like a winner, my Kuiu’s need this.

Reactions: hereinaz
    Is the “bucket” sewn into the bottom portion of the frame?

Only thing I would consider is if your packing a load that doesn’t require the full capacity/length of the frame it would be nice to have a trap door concept that kept the weight higher on the frame. I do like the thought of a holder vs common webbing especially when dealing with boned out meat 👍

Reactions: rope
    The bucket is sewn into the "cargo net". If you wanted to carry the load higher, all you would need to do is attach the cargo net ends higher on the frame.

When is your timeframe for orders?

Getting it up on my website in the next couple of weeks. I will have a handfull premade, but anything not in stock is made and shipped in two weeks or less.

I want one for a KUIU, spring bear is May.

Thanks

If by “load shelf” you mean “womens chin” then yes....I put my meat on it all the time