• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Casablanca

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Wife and Daughter were out, son was on his Xbox, Turner classics had Casablanca showing.

Got to be the coolest war movie, with the least amount of war out there.

From an era when the world was actually a large place and we didnt all live in each others grill.

Back when actors had to have a skillset to earn a living.

Today it's fake this and computer enhancement that.
    Add a few bloody scenes and a couple of fuck yous and they have what is called a movie.

Reactions: Tono
    Just finished watching a few minutes ago. Probably watched it at least 10 times and get a different perspective every time.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    "Play it again Sam"....

Oh wait...

I watched again myself tonight. Great movie.

Eating breakfast now TCM has a movie on about a Luftwaffe Corporal trying to desert at the end of the war.

Pretty realistic impression.......MP44s, MP40s, K98s, Hitler Youth kids are little bastards, deserters are hanging from trees, wish I wasn't too lazy to go see what the title is.

I also watched it along with Network...."I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore "...how prophetic. EVERYONE should watch it.

Huh, guess I'm actually on FXM Retro because "Man who never was" is coming up.

Schedule says movie about German Corporal was "Backlash" but that's an American western.

Ahhh back in the era when actors had talent. Did you catch it Friday evening? Can't recall what network, but I saw it while channel surfing briefly and watched the Germans fly into the airport. One of my all time favs

Casablanca prob has 10-15 of the coolest “sayings/lines” in movie history.

Robert Mitchum movie coming on next. Would've liked to had drinks with him and John Wayne.

I wonder if dish turned on this channel and some others for the rona. I didn't think I had any movie channels.

Robert Mitchum movie coming on next. Would've liked to had drinks with him and John Wayne.

I wonder if dish turned on this channel and some others for the rona. I didn't think I had any movie channels.
    Just be on the set of "El Dorado"

Reactions: brianf
    Just be on the set of "El Dorado"
    el-dorado.jpg

"Of all the Gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world and she had to walk into mine."

One the best movie lines of all time!

"I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find that gamblings going in here!" Here are your winners sir...?

How about Patton or The Longest Day?

Reactions: Tono
    Been watching TCM quite a bit lately. I saw Casablanca yesterday, and a couple days before I think, I was watching The Wizard of OZ and Bluebird with Shirley Temple.

I still think Bogie in the African Queen is the top shizzles.
    No doubt in my mind Bogie was the best actor of all time. Then combine him with the best actress of all time and what do you have? The African Queen. That's Mr. Allnut, I said it :) (forget Mr. Producer)

Unfortunately, CONcast (DJT is right) now makes me buy the sports package for TCM....pisses me off to no end....

I think I could do just fine with MeTV, TCM, and the Outdoor Channel with Formula1 and IMSA as a streaming channel.