• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

case extraction help, can I modify my extractor?

sch2046

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
Sunbury, OH
I recently put a kahles 625i on my rifle and now when I pull my bolt back after firing, my spent case hits the windage knob and throws the case back into my chamber. It has cost me several stages at matches trying to fumble around and get the case out.
Is there a modification I can do or a different extractor that will drop my case lower. I have a SAC Alpha II receiver, I believe it is based off of the Defiance, with and M16 extractor. Any suggestions???

This sounds similar to a problem talked about with Stiller actions which use an M16 extractor. Basically, the fix is to file the tip off the corner of the claw that's toward the top of the bolt. Don't over do it.

When I file the tip, is there an angle or any amount to take off? Or do you have a link to the stiller thread? I have searched and cant find it.

I have a tough time with this search engine, but I got lucky after a while. Here's a thread that shows a picture of where to modify it. I just filed a 45 degree angle. Just try a little at a time. I feel like I took too much off of mine to where when the brass extracts, the ejector launches it to the front. It clears the scope now though so I'm happy.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-rifles/208529-changing-extraction-angle.html