• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case Foam Replacement Option

Zebra644

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Ohio
I tried the trace and cut foam thing for my Pelican. Well after I was done, it looked like an angry juced up kindergardner with safety scisors got ahold of it and needed to be replaced. A few years ago I had a Vangurad rifle case with little square foam that you could litterly pluck out and design the foam to fit your gear. So after using my google foo I came across this. www.caseclub.com/pick-and-pluck-foam.htm Its done by a company called Case Club. I ordered a sheet to replace my foam and was able to replace my Rob Zombie looking insert. The only draw back if you want to call it that is that they send it to you in 2 sheets and advise you of this before ordering. They also tell you to use 3 M spray glue or buy thier spray glue and put the two together. You can also glue the pieces / squares back into place should you want to change something.It cost me $50.00 for the foam, spray glue and shipping. They also can do custom inserts as well and also offer the ability to let you pick from different types of foam. So I am not sure if this is a repost but I wanted to share with my fellow Hide members and this may not be the only company that offers this, but I found them to be easy to order from and give the measurements to.

Re: Case Foam Replacement Option

I know pelican you can order replacement foam..

You can also send in a, to scale, outline of your rifle, mags, bipod, suppressor, sling, or whatever you have, to them and they will send you back a cutout of exactly what your looking for in the hard foam.

I do not remember how much this costs but when i was looking for foam that was one of my options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One I really like is the Foam factory.

http://www.thefoamfactory.com/ </div></div>

This. But get the closed-cell polyethylene stuff. Tougher than the open cell foam and won't absorb liquid. (this is the same company).

http://www.closedcellfoams.com/polyethylene.html

Sharpie and cheap electric turkey carver. Trace it out. Carve it up. Flawless.
I saw this on the OpticsPlanet site.

Any other options? I sent an email to one of the companies and am waiting to hear back. I have an aluminum Kalispel rifle case(no longer in business) and would like to replace the open cell foam with closed cell. Rough dimensions are 52x14x5". What's this stuff cost? Thanks!

I made a hotwire cutter, powered by a batter charger set on "trickle".

The key to success is a stainless steel wire that is TAUGHT, and sprung on one end, so that as the wire gets hot and "sags", it remains taught.

I am glad to see the responses. I started this as a heads up kind of thing for those hesitant to attempt to customize thier foam. So this should help the newer members and those who like me are that not, well suck at it lol.