• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case for 2 AI rifles?

jbuck88

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Is there a case for 2 AI rifles? I am looking for a case that can handle two AI rifles with the stocks folded. I'm trying to minimize the space needed to pack up for the range. I would pack any accessories seperate in my range bag.

Since no one has replied, I will If only to keep this alive.

I was about to make the case everyone should have two AI’s. I do. Never mind.

Your best bet might be a soft sided, two rifle case from Midway.

Mine works fine for travel to the range. Two AI’s might be pushing it, but my case is doing fine.

I suspect I would need a fork lift to move a hard sided case with two AI’s.

Good luck.

Reactions: deersniper
Since no one has replied, I will If only to keep this alive.

I was about to make the case everyone should have two AI’s. I do. Never mind.

Your best bet might be a soft sided, two rifle case from Midway.

Mine works fine for travel to the range. Two AI’s might be pushing it, but my case is doing fine.

I suspect I would need a fork lift to move a hard sided case with two AI’s.

Good luck.

What soft case do you use? I was hoping for a hard case to throw in the bed of my truck, but it doesn't sound like there are many options.

What soft case do you use? I was hoping for a hard case to throw in the bed of my truck, but it doesn't sound like there are many options.
It’s a two rifle drag bag from Midway.

Looks like they don‘t carry it anymore.

This looks like a good substitute:

I stopped using hard cases just because they're heavy and bulky. Two AI’s in one case, not a chance. I wouldnt even bother. Put bikini style covers on them and stack like cord wood.

Reactions: Texascbr
Just FYI my two AI’s won’t fit in 1 midwayusa hard case. I doubt they’d fit in my voodoo case either.

I guess it depends on what optics you run

A guy I shoot f class with carries a couple bigger rifles in a case. I believe it’s a SKB but don’t exactly remember

I know it’s designed for 50 Cals, is extremely large and I thought around $400-$500

I got a big double rifle hard pelican style case, I get a hernia trying to move it when full. Haven’t used it in forever now, I go with small light cheap individual plastic cases or just throw them in bare, too much work moving something you need a forklift for.

Reactions: Supersubes
I understand. The big and bulky part, but a trip to go shoot means a few miles bouncing up a logging road with the steel plates and frames in the back of my truck. If just 1 of my kids go it's not big deal, as the back seat is open. If 2 or 3 kids go that means a handful of chassis rifles to deal with.

I’d still go two individual cases. You can stand them up on end, you can fit them on the floorboard of the back seat etc. It’s just as secure as a double but twice as convenient. And honestly price comes out about the same comparing two of my my single pelican style to my double, at least not egregiously more.

I’d also advise against custom foam because I change stuff too often I’ve stopped cutting it at all, just outer layers and pinch between.

If you were in tx I’d make you a deal on my double just to get rid of it lol
I can’t fit it anywhere in a closet and it takes up like half a queen sized mattress that it’s shoved under. It’s basically a twin bed.

I understand. The big and bulky part, but a trip to go shoot means a few miles bouncing up a logging road with the steel plates and frames in the back of my truck. If just 1 of my kids go it's not big deal, as the back seat is open. If 2 or 3 kids go that means a handful of chassis rifles to deal with.

I've got a big ass double hard case for traveling. I used it once. It's not getting used again. I have a single Nanuk case I that's far more convenient - albeit for a single rifle. As for soft cases vs. hard cases, like @spife7980 said, soft cases are much easier to deal with. I've loaded up my jeep to the top with targets, stands, rifles and other equipment, and have gone a lot farther than a couple miles across tougher tracks than logging/fire roads - including some places that weren't even roads. Be moderately careful when loading up (and put the rifles on top) and you shouldn't have any issues.

I like the Voodoo drag bags - very heavy/protective material.

I just throw them in the Decked system drawer and then they are safe and all my rifle stuff is in there. Throw steel and everything else on top of the drawers and everything’s protected.

I’ve used hard and softsides golf bags to move multiple rifles. They have wheels for mobility. The ‘depth charge’ looking ones have room for ammo and scope too. Maybe not as their avoiding, since golf clubs are pretty sellable, but it takes a lot of of people’s curiosity and apprehension about guns.

I use that Midway case for a 26 inch AI chassis gun with a RUger RPR, and it works fine