• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Case Head Issue or Die Marks?

gasrat

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
SE Kentucky
I’ve got a question about these cases. All brass is Lapua SRP and has been loaded 8-9 times with mild loads of 6.5. All sizing has always been two thou shoulder bump using a Redding Type S die. Ran through Sinclair Mandrel and seated with Forester Micro. Anneal is every firing or two. Again, loads have always been normal, with no hot loads.

I’ve taken a pick and checked the inside of the cases for any felt issues as well as looked inside the cases with my bore scope, which turned up nothing that I could see. The discoloration cannot be felt on the cases. There is others like these, but these are the ones I found first in the batch.

I’m leaning towards the marks being made by the sizing die versus case head issue, but want a second opinion. Brass grows 5-6 thou when fired in chamber.

Any responses is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 645D2269-122E-4A2E-A200-D2014F124BAF.jpeg
    645D2269-122E-4A2E-A200-D2014F124BAF.jpeg
    613.7 KB · Views: 53